Valued Contributor

ISSAAC~I want pretty shoes too!!!

These pretty little she is modeling (A273920) would be nice and comfy on my feet too! But, NO. No no no, not even the "I-man" who himself is a self proclaimed bearer of wide feet, can accommodate "her" in these pretty shoes?
Does the fashion & footwear industry think women with wide feet don't want to look and feel pretty? Well, let me inform you all~WE DO WANT PRETTY, SEXY SHOES!
I'm an RN. For well over 30 years and, school before that on the hospital floors anywhere from 6 (in school) to 16 hour shifts per day. Mother Nature tends to allow our feet to widen, and various other dislocations, bone spurs, bunions, etc..
We want more than orthopaedic looking shoes. I'd like to go into a store and be able to take the pretty shoes, the sexy shoes Isaac, I want these:image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: ISSAAC~I want pretty shoes too!!!

@Gemspirit

How about these wides, from Naturalizer?

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit

Wides, from J. Renee-

Contributor

I so agree!!!! There were some really cute sketchers on today,only came in med. width. I own several clarks,rykas,but it would be nice to be able to get some of the other styles/brands in wides!!!

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Gemspirit

Wides, from J. Renee-

They are adorable! Where? Nordies? You wouldn't by chance have the style number? 

Thank you! 

Valued Contributor

They don't come in narrow either. We feel your pain.

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit

In wides, I found them at onlineshoes.com.  I'm sure they have them other places as well though.

Turn heads in the J.Reneé Tabetha ballet flat. An update to a timeless classic, it features a reptile-print leather and mesh upper that will add a modern look to your everyday ensemble.
  • Item # 498298
  • Cushioned footbed
  • Geometric cut-out detailing
  • Leather and mesh upper
  • Leather lining
  • Rubber outsole

Style Number: TABETH-FADAM
Valued Contributor

Hello Ladies;

Thank you all for your suggestions. I especially really like the flowery patterns. For me...this didn't happen to me overnight (needing W's and double wides).  I had been on my feet most of my adult life as an RN then forced to retire early due to a serious work injury & health issues. So, being the fighter I am, I went back to school for a degree in interior design & now am working towards a GG as something I've had a passion for gemstones and design. 

I've  had a hard time for years now with shoes~truly feminine style shoes. Both of my children were married in the past 2 1/2 years. Finding shoes for the weddings was a task. After searching everywhere from Saks to Walmart, I ended up with simple navy satin sandals with gems sewn on the band in the bridge of the shoe. For my daughters wedding, it was the same issue. I found truly nice shoes this time at Nordstrom; as we all know from narrow to triple E, Nordstroms has a great selection. 

For everyday life I wear flats or at the most 1 1/2" heels. Sneakers whenever I can find them. I also have a quite large bunion and high arches. Broke my shin, ankle, tallus and 3 toes on the right~make it an even bigger chore. The metal makes it nearly impossible to wear t-strap styles. Y

Another great place is the catalouque/website called "Footsmart" they have a good collection. 

My issue with Issac is that he has wide feet and every so often will talk about it and say I believe every shoe should be offered in narrow to XXXL wIde. Well, if that is true, does ISSAAC know what "his" company is selling? Just makes me wonder and become frustrated in the process!! 

Valued Contributor

@Gemspirit  Sooo agree with you on the selection of wide and narrow shoes in stores and with Isaac's selections.  Once, while traveling for business, I took the suggestion of a co-worker to put all my shoes in one small bag to make packing my clothes in another bag so much easier.  Needed to have several different types of shoes because of this particular venue...from sneakers to heels and more in between styles.  Well, guess which bag got lost on the flight?  Co-workers all said not to worry as there were many shoe stores near our hotel.  With high in-steps and wide width feet, one does not just walk into B&M stores for shoes that will fit!  Never packed this way again...lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Isn't it up to QVC to order wide shoes?

I know when people would complain to Jean Bice or SG about the lack of petites in pants, they always said QVC didn't order them and to contact QVC and tell them.