Honored Contributor

They aren't new but there was a resurgence this summer and fall.  It's an easy style to wear because everyone has good shoulders.  But you have to wear the correct size or the shoulder cut out won't fall where it should fall.  Yes, I do know that from experience....lol   I like them for a dressier look.  I don't like my upper arms, I never wear sleevless clothing and while I love the off the shoulder look, which is also very popular now, I don't like strapless bras.  So I bought two cold shoulder tops to wear during the holiday season for a dressier type of look.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan of the cold shoulder style. I especially don't get why anyone would want it on a sweater. Makes no sense to me.

LCF17_TD4CM

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Tops

[ Edited ]

I agree with you twopeas. I haven't seen anyone who looks good in them.

Cold shoulder tops, leggings (or any stretchy knit pants) worn with short tops, and road kill vests are tops in my list of fashion faux pas.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep

I don't have an issue with the style, I just run cold (it's a thyroid thing) and I'd be freezing if I put a cold shoulder top on.  I would have to wear a sweater, which would defeat the purpose of the cold shoulder.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I do not like the cold-shoulder look nor the one where there are openings all down the arm.  Just does not look good on me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!