Respected Contributor

Good idea. I'm hitting the library today with a bunch of requests. When I read I forget to go to the Q site.

Esteemed Contributor

kjohnson ~ the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. It was very brave of you to share with us your husband's job loss, your shopping habits and how you intend to cut back. To me, verbalizing our shortcomings helps us become more accountable.

Addiction is addiction, be it drugs, alcohol, food or shopping. I have an addictive personality and while I have cut way, way back on my clothes shopping, I still suffer from a sense of anxiety if I have not scoped out my favorite stores. I start thinking I am missing out on something great!

Good luck to your husband in finding employment and good luck to you in reining in your shopping!

Contributor

I am also a clothes addict and I have got to pull up the reins on clothes spending. I know exactly what you are saying.

Honored Contributor

I"m a clothes lover. Seems as though I can't go by a mall and I start to think of the stores inside, LOL. But I can control it. I keep driving. The late summer in to fall is the time I go on shopping binges in order to build up a wardrobe. The rest of the year, not so much shopping. I like to look at the clothing at QVC, though I rarely buy anything. I love catalogs and browsing clothing online. But more looking, then actual shopping. I have a nice job, and it allows me time to buy things for myself. But yes, I'm better now then I used to be.

Valued Contributor

Once you start and get use to it then it is a great feeling. I no longer buy just for a high. I have other things to keep me busy.

Respected Contributor
On 10/2/2014 kjohnson said:
On 10/2/2014 lavendar said:

Crash! LTS on waitlist went into processing. I'm still a sucker for LTS, especially a dress. Didn't order three LTS's I was considering.

LTS's seem to be my downfall. Shouldn't click them on.

Look away and stop clicking those evil nasty little links! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I always checked the LTS's...just a habit as I sat down to have some lunch. I have stopped doing that...I actually stopped looking at the QVC site altogether (just come right to the forums) and all my other favorite online goto places for just over a week.

I won't to say that the habit is super easy to break...honestly right now I hate it, but I know in time I won't think anything of it especially as I start seeing the money that will be saved by not impulse buying just about daily.

Another great thing about limiting your wardrobe purchases is having less to take care of. You will actually get to wear the clothes you love the most.

Best of luck to you.Smile