Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Pairing

[ Edited ]

I like Carolyn as a host, but yes, I do think she has a "heavy hand" as a host, always.  She makes sure she's the lead and the perceived expert, no matter what she's selling, or who she's paired with.  She also has a bad habit of ignoring what the vendor or other host says because she is just waiting to interrupt with her own words of wisdom.  But overall, I appreciate that she always does her homework, and has a fantastic voice.

I adore Isaac.  His charm, wit, and graciousness to the hosts is always a delight.   

Honored Contributor

When I watch, I mute them. For some products, I watch muted and captioned. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Carolyn fan and I can imagine it wasn't a great pairing with Isaac because of her domineering presentation skills. 

Super Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

"All Business" Carolyn needs to use a stuffed squirrel as a sales prop.

For real! She uses a stuffed animal and "talks" for it like a 2 year old....but Isaac is the silly one?!?! Please!!

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Respected Contributor

Re: Bad Pairing

[ Edited ]

There is a reason I dvr all shows I have interest in and ff through everything I don't care to see. It saves me being annoyed by products I don't want to see and hosts and vendors who jabber about bs. 

Honored Contributor

I like her with Gary.  They like each other personally and it shows.  I haven't seen her with Isaac.  She sells Denim & Co very well.  Yes, she has a great voice and probably in many ways, the best host.  Very professional. She has very pretty hair.  Very thick and well styled. 

Visitor

I'm not sure why they feel the need to pair hosts? On the longer shows I understand it helps the hosts not have to talk for hours on end. But I also don't think the long shows are needed. 
I just feel I need to say that the worst pairing recently is Leigh and Shawn. Why put these two together? They are opposites and it's hard to watch. I have started "watch" with the mute on.

It's gotten to the point that only 4 vendors are presented (fashion). I guess they pay more to have their stuff presented 3-4 times a week. If I see Jane T. present the "Lexi" one more time...what about presenting some of the other lines. I also don't think we need the vendor representatives. The hosts don't let them say anything that helps.....

Oh well, I'll continue to tune in for certain brands but have found I don't order much anymore because of the shipping costs. There are so many other great brands out there with free shipping that I don't shop like I use to!

Respected Contributor

@Basye 

With Leah and Shawn, you can be sure Shawn depends on Leah to do all the behind-the-scenes work.  Shawn is just along to entertain and make us love her quirky ways so we will purchase whatever she is extolling, in her own unique way.