Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12th)

Good Afternoon!  It has been very cloudy today, but the sun is out now.  We may have some much-needed rain later, and it should make it up to 70 degrees again.  Much better weather than some are having -- lots of ice, etc. in Texas where Kathleen lives.  Hope you are enjoying your weather be it warm or cold.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I took the hospice mailings to the Post Office this morning, and it was remarkably empty.  The past several weeks have been very busy -- lots of cars, etc.  I decided to take advantage of the short line to purchase some stamps.  I'm not mailing a lot these days, but I like having stamps on hand just in case. 

I have to admit the TSV got me thinking about shoes.  I walk so much that my "walking" shoes wear out much faster than I would like.  But, after doing some research, I decided not to take a chance on these.  I'll stick with Asiacs since I know they work for my feet. More expensive than the TSV, but......

Fortunately for me (in a way), the VPH bunnies that I wanted sold out.  I really liked them, but I'm trying not to purchase "wants" like pretty decorations.  

DD was very happy to report that she has met her "goal weight" -- I think she has been working on this for a couple of years -- at least 18 months.  But, she wanted to lose 85 pounds sensibly and also increase exercise.  She used NOOM plus the services of a nutritionist.  I'm very proud of her efforts.

I hope your chocolate covered strawberries and asparagus are great, Glenda.  You got a great price on both.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe and has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12th)

Guess everyone is busy.  I forgot that I had an OLLI class this afternoon (Southwest archeology).  Thank goodness, I set a reminder on my calendar, and Alexa announced it.  Good class.

While I was in class, I received a notice from the county telling me how to set up an account to get the COVID vaccine.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get an appointment since I didn't fit the criteria (being a health care worker.)  I'll keep trying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You do keep yourself busy with your volunteer work, and that is good for all involved. Congrats to DD on reaching her weight loss goal. I also hope you can get your vaccine soon.

Yes, I would love your weather. It looks as if another hit is coming by Monday and Tuesday with a rest on Wednesday with another to come on Thursday and Friday. I have absolutely zero interest in any clothing or accessory purchase during this weather. My biggest expeditons are from room to room in the house. I am so ready for this ugly weather to be over. It is bad when the weather forecast also includes suggestions for coping with the dismal weather.

It is really hard to post when there is nothing to post but I enjoy reading posts, as well as reading my Kindle downloads. Other than shoveling the walks, I haven't been out of the house since the 8th.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we got 2" of snow overnight, but no ice.  We had sunshine this morning, but it's cloudy now & we  are supposed to get a dusting of snow overnight.  That's great news about your dd's weight loss.  How fun to buy new clothing.  I like to have extra stamps in the house too.  

My GI appt this  morning went well.  Since my liver labs were so good, he said keep doing what you are doing &  come back in a year.  Non alcoholic fatty liver runs my family. I am so lucky to have a nice Dr. just a mile away.  

It's going to be a very brrrr weekend which we haven't had for a few years.  I have plenty of good books to read, floors to steam mop etc.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda