Respected Contributor

Re: All the tiresome jean jackets

@chrystaltree Funny thing you mention black pants.  I was cleaning out my closet and I just must own a thousand pair.  I love the look with  black pants, tee shirt (I love the long sleeved one, I am always cold) and a denim jacket.  NIce outfit.  It works well for travel.  Throw on a scarf for some extra something and voila!!

Honored Contributor

I have a couple jean jackets and love them. This is the season to buy them so there will be a lot everywhere. I don't like the short length and cropped denim jackets. They don't look good on me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I own 4 of them, black, dark denim, med and chambray.  I really like them and wear them often in the northeast.  These I purchased in recent years as sadly my older vintage ones no longer fit me Smiley Sad   I do prefer a more relaxed type now, seems like many designers offer them too fitted for my taste.  I like to be able to move freely and I also dislike the frayed edges, just not my style.

Respected Contributor

I don't see many worn around town here but I do like them. What I don't like is the frayed edges on anything. There are only a few times a year that I could wear them here but I'd like to have a few for our cold spring nights. Not sure there's much that can be changed about them to make them look like real jean jackets so I guess every designer struggles with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them a lot and have 4 in various colors.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I'd say they are popular. I have several jean style jackets in different colors.  I enjoy wearing them with different outfits.  It's nice to have a light jacket if needed in air conditioned places - doctor's offices always seem to be REALLY cold plus restaurants and stores.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  My most favorite jean jacket is one I found on  Ebay, it's a older design of Quaker Factory and has rhinestone pink flamingos on the front chest pockets just a little bling.  I wear it all the time.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear jean jackets but I don' think they are tiresome.  Just an item that doesn't work for me.  No big deal.  We don't all like the same things.

I prefer a zip up hoodie, shrug or cute sweatshirt (zip or not).  

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 

I have an older QF jean jacket also.  Found it at a little shop nearby that sells "remainders" from various places (at great prices).  I've had it for years.

Mine has embroidery and (real cloth) appliques of NYC scenes ... very colorful and I'm always asked about it when I wear it.

The earlier QF pieces were so much nicer than what they've been selling in recent years.

===========

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Kachina624  My most favorite jean jacket is one I found on  Ebay, it's a older design of Quaker Factory and has rhinestone pink flamingos on the front chest pockets just a little bling.  I wear it all the time.

Regular Contributor

At least it's not all the more tiresome pajamas.