Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. STYLE CHAT 9/9/2023

Somehow, I now have quite the collection of sweater coats, picked up throughout the year.   This one is from Sundance's Labor Day sale

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily   My communion dress

Communion.jpg

Why I was photographed in knee sox is beyond me.  I remember the tights vividly.

Also, forgot about the faux fur cape.  Me in front of the pine tree on the Church's property.  My family has lots of pictures in front of that particular tree and I don't know why.

Me and Tree.jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The sweater coat is beautiful @SoX 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Your top picture of that day is very similar to my picture. I like your little faux fur cape in the bottom picture.

Honored Contributor

The first photo was at Hoffman photography on Chene Street in Detroit.  The back drop always looked kinda funereal to me, lol.  I can't find any full length color pictures of that day so I think maybe I did wear knee sox and the ruffled tights was from some other special occasion outfit.  I didn't come from money and my Ma had a brownie (?) camera.  Color pictures were a luxury for us in the late 60's/early 70's.  @Desert Lily 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

You look angelic in that top photo ... I mean, really!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  My grandpa had a Brownie camera; I think a Polaroid after that. He also used to tape record us singing Christmas songs on his big reel-to-reel? tape recorder.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I was fascinated by how my Ma had the thread the film into that camera.

Honored Contributor

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I just checked Leah's facebook page to see if she said anything about the full length coat in her collection.  I don't know why I should even be shocked at my age however there are some double ugly comments posted in her feed after her preview.  This is why I have an account and I only check it a few times a year.  There are some petty, trifling and wait for it because I'm going way back MUDDY witches out there who never learned that if you ain't got something nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @Precious!