Honored Contributor

I have been getting some notices they were going to change something on Outlook but I've been busy and haven't sat down to read the tutorial.Suddenly, yesterday, I could no longer get into my e mail account and had to make a new acct. I was totally unable to open my old acct and lost any e mails that were there as well as all my contacts. Thank goodness I have those same contacts on my phone. I decided I was over outlook and their frequent issues so I went to another company where DH has his email since I was going to have to start a new acct anyway. Easily ported my contacts over from my phone and had to send all my contacts an e mail with new addy, after having had the same address for about 15 years.Got several e mails back from friends saying they were glad to hear I had seen the light about outlook and changed carrier.My closest friend also has outlook but she is on vacation in Germany. I suspect when she gets home she will have the same issues as I did.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Outlook (one of three email servers) and have no issues (so far).  However, what I don't like about Outlook are the pop-up adds for sites I don't want or use.

Respected Contributor

I have Outlook and it's fine.  No problems except getting use to the new look. 

Respected Contributor

I do have Outlook and there is no problem with mine.

Esteemed Contributor

No issues for me either.

Honored Contributor

I have several Outlook/Hotmail accounts.   It's not the best free email provider, in my experience, but it's not the worst.   I've had no problems with the migration to the new version.   With regard, specifically to having trouble accessing the account, that's why they provide account recovery options in the settings (such as a phone number or alternate email address) -- if the account is important, it's a good idea to provide for the "what ifs."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Yesterday I tried again to get into my Outlook - I was notified it was "blocked due to unusual activity". I used the help tab and got to an associate on a chat room. She allowed me - after proving I was me - a one time access to retrieve my pictures and contacts only. I was able to download my pictures from one drive into my computer. She took my new e mail addy and said if they were able to solve the problem with my acct. she would e mail me that I could use it again. But for now it was in the hands of law enforcement. Holy cow. She was not free to tell my why, but did assure me that they know the problem is not coming from me but from another computer outside the USA, that is just using my e mail acct.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Yesterday I tried again to get into my Outlook - I was notified it was "blocked due to unusual activity". I used the help tab and got to an associate on a chat room. She allowed me - after proving I was me - a one time access to retrieve my pictures and contacts only. I was able to download my pictures from one drive into my computer. She took my new e mail addy and said if they were able to solve the problem with my acct. she would e mail me that I could use it again. But for now it was in the hands of law enforcement. Holy cow. She was not free to tell my why, but did assure me that they know the problem is not coming from me but from another computer outside the USA, that is just using my e mail acct.

WOW!