Contributor

Does anyone know if I can transfer photos froim my laptop to the Kindle. The help button mentions transferring from a camera but not a laptop or phone.  Youtube videos are no help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: kindle fire

[ Edited ]

If your photos are stored in the Amazon Cloud, you can access the cloud from your Amazon account on your laptop and download them.

Image2.jpg

Contributor

Thank you Zhills.  I found the photos in the cloud.  Can I also transfer all the photos that are in the "pictures" file but not in the cloud.?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I searched Amazon for info and it seems there is a "desktop app" (which should work the same on a laptop) you can download.  Didn't do it because I don't need it.  

You have to be sure you have room for them on the cloud.  Do you have a lot to send?

Esteemed Contributor

@beth58 

Found this info...

How do I transfer photos from my computer to my Fire tablet?

Transferring Photos via USB
  1. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer using the USB cable that came with the device.
  2. Type "computer" on the Start screen and select "Computer." ...
  3. Double-click "Internal Storage" and then double-click the "Pictures" folder. ...
  4. Select the pictures you want.

Again, the amount of storage available and the number of photos you want to transfer will need to be considered and checked out!