Respected Contributor

My DH has a new (6 months) iPhone -he is required to have an iPhone for work (we prefer Android)

Yesterday he found that many of his Contacts have disappeared.  When I call him my name does not come-up just the number is displayed.  When you search his contacts I am gone, no phone, email, etc.  So far we have found about 30 contacts are gone.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas why this happen?

Respected Contributor

Is this the Iphone 7 plus?  I got the Iphone 7 plus in May and have had nothing but problems with it.  Too many to list.  Always running back to the Sprint store.  I finally asked the guy if I should just get rid of it.  He thinks it's the Sim card.  So, that's something you many want to check out.  Also, I found if I google the problem I have on the computer, many tips come up on what to do.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

My DH has a new (6 months) iPhone -he is required to have an iPhone for work (we prefer Android)

Yesterday he found that many of his Contacts have disappeared.  When I call him my name does not come-up just the number is displayed.  When you search his contacts I am gone, no phone, email, etc.  So far we have found about 30 contacts are gone.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas why this happen?

@Abrowneyegirl Tell your DH to hold the home button down and the power key at the same time to reboot the phone. You will see the Apple logo come on. Then go into contacts and they should be there again. 

Respected Contributor

One more thing he needs to do is backup his phone into his laptop or PC so he doesn't lose his contacts. He can install the Apple iTunes app on his computer and download right into the app. 

Respected Contributor

@BabyYoda But WHY would this happen?  I have had Smart Phones since they hit the market and have NEVER had this happen.  Random contacts disappear seems odd.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: iPhone problem

[ Edited ]

YES! My DH bought one from AT&T and had nothing but trouble with the phone from day one. He tried everything possible to resolve the problems for nearly 2 weeks, even having the rep who sold him the phone to contact AT&T. Long story short, he turned the phone back in and had them to cancel the contract. 

Respected Contributor

@scraphappy wrote:

Is this the Iphone 7 plus?  I got the Iphone 7 plus in May and have had nothing but problems with it.  Too many to list.  Always running back to the Sprint store.  I finally asked the guy if I should just get rid of it.  He thinks it's the Sim card.  So, that's something you many want to check out.  Also, I found if I google the problem I have on the computer, many tips come up on what to do.

I know it is not a plus, when he gets back I will ask about 7 vs 6.

Sorry about your problems, UGH

I would be furious.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@BabyYoda But WHY would this happen?  I have had Smart Phones since they hit the market and have NEVER had this happen.  Random contacts disappear seems odd.

@Abrowneyegirl It's a glitch in their software. I had this problem on an older android phone I had so it has nothing to do with just an Apple problem. I wound up with another phone. Apple has the same problem with syncing their software. I had this problem with my iphone and took it to the Apple Store and they showed me to reboot the phone. Let me know if it works for your DH. 

Honored Contributor

Re: iPhone problem

[ Edited ]

If the phone is only 6 months old, it's still under warranty.  Strongly suggest that your husband take full advantage of if by CALLING Apple tech support-1800-275-2273.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@LIG1, stupid move on their part!  LM