Respected Contributor

My old (not "smart") phone died over the weekend.  I had already purchased a new LG Tracfone with the usual 1250 talk/text/data minutes good for one year after activation.  So, I activated it online yesterday (still waiting for my old T-Mobile phone number to transfer over).  I will probably last the whole year and still have some minutes left over.  When I add new minutes at the end of the year, will the unused ones roll over?  Also, my understanding is that when I purchase additional minutes they only last for a month, not a year.  Is that correct?  My old T-Mobile plan was so cheap that I was spoiled, and I only had to add minutes once a year!  TIA for any assistance!! 

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for Tracfone users

@2blonde, when your 365 days are up and you go to buy more time, any minutes, text, and data, you have remaining will roll over. 

As far as purchasing more minutes and time, there are different options available. Some have 30 days, others have 60, 90, and up to 365. You will just go to the Tracfone website and choose what is right for you.

Just be sure you do it before your days expire. Otherwise you lose it all.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your new phone. 

Honored Contributor

Unless you bought some rogue off the wall plan, the minutes roll over every year.  I only buy minutes once a year.  Actually I don't care about minutes since I rarely use the phone but what you buy is service time.  I buy a card for one year online at the TracFone website and don't worry about it for another year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes the unused minutes will rollover. You can buy a card with minutes or without that lasts for a year. For example, last year I had over 1800 minutes so purchased a 1 year card with no minutes, think it was on special for $50.00, haven't used my phone much so this year I'm going to purchase a 60 minute card (it triples for me with my plan) & a 1 year no minutes. Go to the TracFone website, you can look at all the minute options & buy them online. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51  @Kachina624  @SusieQ_2  Thank you all so much for your responses!  That makes me feel a lot better.  I bought mine from Evine, for $80, and it does have the triple minutes.  This could turn out to be as cheap is my old (dumb) phone.  All I have to do now is figure out how to use it!  Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde Search LG + your model number tracfone tutorial & you should be able to find tutorials that show all about how to use your particular phone.

Frequent Contributor

Where can you buy just the service and not the minutes.   I don't use my tracfone a lot and have a ton of minutes.  I usually buy one year of service, but there are always minutes attached.  

Looked on the tracfone website and did not see any cards with just service. 

Respected Contributor

@quilter61 wrote:

Where can you buy just the service and not the minutes.   I don't use my tracfone a lot and have a ton of minutes.  I usually buy one year of service, but there are always minutes attached.  

Looked on the tracfone website and did not see any cards with just service. 

quilter61, I just recently bought 365 days of service since I did not need mins., texts or data.  I went online to TracFone and bought the 365 days for $50.00.  I posted in several places on this Electronics forum about this.  Place any choice in your cart and scroll down to add-ons and find the 365 there and put that in your cart.  When it is time to check out, remove the first choice and just pay for the 365 days add-ons.  IHTH