Honored Contributor

I started the thread my laptop bit the dust( no I having gotten anything yet, using my 3 tablets). So I was thinking about getting the new MacBook 13" Pro without the touchbar, or the Samsung Chromebook Pro. So stick with me here, I have an iPad Air that is now 4 years old. I could get the new iPad Pro 12.9 with the keyboard and the Chromebook for less money than the MacBook Pro. I must add I love my iPad Air and would love to trade up. I basically use a laptop for surfing the web, email, and social media. I know no one can tell me what I should do, but I would welcome anyone's opinion and advice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, It seems to me that an upgraded Ipad would be ideal for your computer usage.  

Honored Contributor

"I must add I love my iPad Air and would love to trade up."

You answered your own question.Smiley Wink

You can always play arouond w/a MBP at an Apple Store just to be sure you made the right decision.

I know.....decisions, decisions, decisions, eeny meeny might mo.Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"I must add I love my iPad Air and would love to trade up."

You answered your own question.Smiley Wink

You can always play arouond w/a MBP at an Apple Store just to be sure you made the right decision.

I know.....decisions, decisions, decisions, eeny meeny might mo.Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac, I can't stand myself I'm so indecisive! I'm terrible when it comes to big ticket items, you don't want to spend all that money and be unhappy. Okay, who am I kidding, I also have trouble ordering food in a restaurant!!!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Another suggestion.....

Apple has a 14 day return policy (from purchase date) on "computers & iPads" w/no questions asked!!!!! 

To take advantage of the above, purchase an iPad along w/the MBP.  Try them out for 13 days at your leasure at home.  Whichever one you do not want, return for a full refund. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

If you're not using the laptop for work (writing reports, handling large documents), then your tablets should meet your needs in surfing the internet, email and social media.  Why do you think you need to replace the laptop?

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

If you're not using the laptop for work (writing reports, handling large documents), then your tablets should meet your needs in surfing the internet, email and social media.  Why do you think you need to replace the laptop?

@qbetzforreal, I'm not happy with using just my tablets. Everyday I'm charging up one of them. I just really liked having a laptop.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@qbetzforreal, I'm not happy with using just my tablets. Everyday I'm charging up one of them. I just really liked having a laptop.

I'm not happy using just a tablet or cell phone because I don't like the mobile versions of most websites.  I don't think you'd go wrong with a small Macbook. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Best Buy near me (I hate going in there) but not an Apple store. If you were to buy a MacBook Pro or iPad Pro, would you rather buy it from Best Buy or Apple?

Frequent Contributor

I would go with the MBP because I like having all the storage for photos and music. And your point about the websites versus the mobile apps is very valid.  Actually, that would be the deciding factor for me.  I've bought Apple products from both The Apple Store and Best Buy.  The salespeople in my BB are excellent, and the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed than in the Apple Store, which is always noisy. The prices should be the same since they are set by Apple. The only thing to watch out for in BB is to make sure you are getting the latest version of the product you are considering.  I do all my shopping research on the Apple website.  It is very well laid out and easy to compare products. When I've decided exactly what I want I go to either BB or Apple and I know exactly what I'm getting.