Honored Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@patricia38 wrote:

Thanks everyone...excuse my stupidity, as I not familiar with iPads/tablets.  I am 82 yrs. old, tired of my 17" laptop, wanted something smaller to hold in my hand, and I do not have a smart phone.  Just something to be comfortable with til Jesus calls me home...

how much do you want to spend?

my vote is for the Ipad, operating system is easy and it's intuitive to start using.

but more money.

Fire tablet will be less but could be not as easy to use

.......I do want something simple and easy to use, between $250-$300..so perhaps I should go with the iPad

you just need basic iPad , go to Apple.com and look at the models 

Honored Contributor

I have Kindle Fires and iPads, nothing beats the iPad. I made the mistake of buying an RCA tablet from HSN, it comes with an attachable keyboard, I wasted $120 on it, it's a piece of junk. If you can afford it I would go with an iPad.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains external retail links

Super Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

I'm considering purchasing a iPad...only need for Facebook, e-mail and perhaps a few groups.  Recommendations for inexpensive, and brand please. 

Thank you

You check out QVC item E233460, Apple iPad 6th generation with 128g of storage. You can also go to Best Buy, Apple, or Walmart to check them out directly but most of those stores have 14 day return policy starting on the day you purchase. Watch some of the presentations on QVC (if you can catch them), they are very informative. 

Contributor

Thanks everyone for your comments, suggestions, etc.  I will buy the Apple. 

Have a wonderful weekend...Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@patricia38 :  QVC is running a terrific special this weekend on 8" Fire tablet for $ 49 including shipping.  I bought this configuration two months ago and it is easy to use and even when you buy gorilla glass screen protector and a decent case from Amazon it's still less than $100.  Added bonus: If you don't love it you can return into January!

Trusted Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your comments, suggestions, etc.  I will buy the Apple. 

Have a wonderful weekend...Heart

Good decision- stick with the Apple iPad. 

⚓️
Valued Contributor

Re: iPad question

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@patricia38 :  QVC is running a terrific special this weekend on 8" Fire tablet for $ 49 including shipping.  I bought this configuration two months ago and it is easy to use and even when you buy gorilla glass screen protector and a decent case from Amazon it's still less than $100.  Added bonus: If you don't love it you can return into January!

---

QVC's $49.98 price on the Amazon Fire tablet also includes a micro SD card. It is a very good deal with free shipping, and a low-cost introduction to tablets.

My younger children both have the Amazon Fire 8" tablet and love it. It is simple to use and does everything they want, including email, books, movies, and social media (and I paid about $30 more without the sd card).

For myself, I have an ipad and an ipad mini. I love them both.

Honored Contributor

Apple is selling a 10.2” iPad for $329 on their website. It has only 32g of storage. There’s another one for $429 with 128g of storage. 

I have have an iPad Pro 10.5” and an older iPad mini. I love them. My laptop just sits all alone on a shelf, never used anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@patricia38 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@patricia38 wrote:

Thanks everyone...excuse my stupidity, as I not familiar with iPads/tablets.  I am 82 yrs. old, tired of my 17" laptop, wanted something smaller to hold in my hand, and I do not have a smart phone.  Just something to be comfortable with til Jesus calls me home...

how much do you want to spend?

my vote is for the Ipad, operating system is easy and it's intuitive to start using.

but more money.

Fire tablet will be less but could be not as easy to use

.......I do want something simple and easy to use, between $250-$300..so perhaps I should go with the iPad

you just need basic iPad , go to Apple.com and look at the models 

@patricia38

Amazon sells the basic,  Apple 10.2"  iPad with 32GB of storage for $299. You should be able to find a case.