Contributor

I'm considering purchasing a iPad...only need for Facebook, e-mail and perhaps a few groups.  Recommendations for inexpensive, and brand please. 

Thank you

Honored Contributor

To me, this type of purchase will be one of those things where you get exactly what you pay for.   So if you buy an inexpensive one, it won’t last as long as a mid grade to higher quality iPad.   

All the iPads in this house are Apple, and have held up very well.   

Esteemed Contributor

@patricia38 :  If you are specifically looking for an IPad it will be an Apple (that is the only company that makes IPad).

Contributor

I thought I had seen iPad offered by Samsung and Apple...

Contributor

And Amazon Fire

Honored Contributor

@patricia38.  IPad is a brand name for a tablet made by Apple.  Are you saying you want a tablet and are asking for recommendations?  I've had both iPads and a Samsung as well as an Amazon Fire tablet.  Hated the Amazon, loved the Samsung, iPad was just okay (not wild about it).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thanks everyone...excuse my stupidity, as I not familiar with iPads/tablets.  I am 82 yrs. old, tired of my 17" laptop, wanted something smaller to hold in my hand, and I do not have a smart phone.  Just something to be comfortable with til Jesus calls me home...

Honored Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

Thanks everyone...excuse my stupidity, as I not familiar with iPads/tablets.  I am 82 yrs. old, tired of my 17" laptop, wanted something smaller to hold in my hand, and I do not have a smart phone.  Just something to be comfortable with til Jesus calls me home...

how much do you want to spend?

my vote is for the Ipad, operating system is easy and it's intuitive to start using.

but more money.

Fire tablet will be less but could be not as easy to use

Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@patricia38 wrote:

how much do you want to spend?

my vote is for the Ipad, operating system is easy and it's intuitive to start using.

but more money.

Fire tablet will be less but could be not as easy to use

.......I do want something simple and easy to use, between $250-$300..so perhaps I should go with the iPad

Esteemed Contributor

The cheapest iPad costs around $329 .I have the one that came out 2 years ago. They just came out with the 2019 version for the same price. I love mine.It was well worth the investment.