Respected Contributor

Has anyone bought an iPad 10th gen from Target? I bought one several years ago and never had a problem. I saw that the iPad 10th gen is on sale for $549.99 for the 256gb. I like the blue one. I will give my other one to my daughter. I know that Apple makes them and it is a new one and not refurbished.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 I checked apple's site. The blue 10th generation 256 GB with wi-fi is $599. It has an option of 12-month financing at $49 and some change if the customer desires. That might affect your decision. I purchase my apple products from their site to get their support.

Super Contributor

Best Buy has it for the same price as Target. Amazon has it for the same price, too. But, Amazon has a $10.00 coupon that you need to mark to make it $539.00. I've purchased iPads from Apple andBest Buy.  I've never had a problem and still can get help from Apple. 

Respected Contributor

As long as an Apple product is bought at an authorized retailer then Apple support and warranty applies.

Respected Contributor

If purchased at Target with one of their Red Cards, then there is an additional 5% discount.

Super Contributor

Just adding to the list that Costco has 10th gen 256GB @ $539.99 (and 64GB 10th gen @ $399.99). Color choices Blue or Silver. Shipping is $4.99/Apple Care+ is also available for addtl $. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

You may have a better return policy at Target than the other retailers - especially if something goes bad. 

I bought my most recent ipad at Best Buy as I had several $100 gift cards thru my credit card rewards program.  My old one was heating up, not carrying a charge well, and the charging port was not working at times - It was about 7 years old and they gave me an $80 gift card for it.  Apple would have given me $30. 

Esteemed Contributor

I brought an open box excellent condition Samsung S9+ tablet from Best Buy last week online. The tablet was shipped by FedEx with great tracking, and came in its original sealed box.

I paid for the tablet with PayPal and was offered a bi-weekly interest free payment plan.

I buy tablets from Samsung, Amazon or Best Buy. 

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

Just adding to the list that Costco has 10th gen 256GB @ $539.99 (and 64GB 10th gen @ $399.99). Color choices Blue or Silver. Shipping is $4.99/Apple Care+ is also available for addtl $. Woman Happy

Just an aside here, but Apple really overcharges for memory. They want $140 more to go from 64GB to 256 GB? A 256 GB memory card typically retails for under $25. And Apple doesn't pay retail prices. The installation costs are the same. It doesn't make the iPad weigh more or cost them more to ship it. They just bully the customer into paying a lot for something that costs them very little. And they do it across their whole product line. Memory that might cost them $10 they sell for ten times that or more. If they ever get into trouble with regulators, it'll be over their inflated memory prices. The prices they charge for "extra" memory are just crazy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

"...A 256 GB memory card typically retails for under $25."

That's interesting. I was not aware Apple sold memory cards at any price. They aren't mentioned on the website.  

If you think Apple has inflated prices for those mystery memory cards, you should check out the Prada Symbole bag! Retails for $4,95 at Saks. BTW, retail market products typically are not in the sights of Federal regulators.

My first tablets were Samsung Galaxies. I have since purchased 3 Apple iPads. They sold themselves and I wasn't bullied into buying any of them.