Respected Contributor

Do you live near an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller?  Why not make a visit, see both for yourself and maybe talk to someone who can give you some information based on how you use what you now have and what you may want to do in the future?

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Do you live near an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller?  Why not make a visit, see both for yourself and maybe talk to someone who can give you some information based on how you use what you now have and what you may want to do in the future?

I suggest if she goes to Best Buy she should make an appointment. Recently when I was in Best Buy on the customer service line, I heard one of the tech guys ask someone who bought their iPhone in if they had an appointment (they didn't).

Honored Contributor

I went to the Apple store yesterday morning.  I'm in the market for both a new ipad and phone.

The new phones come out on Friday and they don't even have them in the store for you to look at yet though the associate was able to help me by showing the size they'll be.

I looked at the ipads and decided I wanted the ipad Pro.  But then I came home and priced it online and it's just too much.  If I were buying an ipad only maybe, but with me also getting a phone, nope.  I can do it, but I won't.

So it will be another ipad Air for me which is just fine.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I have the Air 2 and I absolutely LOVE it. It has the cellular card in it. But when I tried to use it to read music from, the screen was just too small, so I bought the Pro for the larger screen, and I can switch the LTE card back and forth so have either be cellular. I still use the Air to watch movies and such in bed at night -- especially when traveling because it is such a nice compact size to pack. The pro is dedicated to music these days. It's really handy at the piano because the pedal page turner frees up my hands so I never have to worry about a page turn. I am a choral director and have all my choir music on it. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I went to the Apple store yesterday morning.  I'm in the market for both a new ipad and phone.

The new phones come out on Friday and they don't even have them in the store for you to look at yet though the associate was able to help me by showing the size they'll be.

I looked at the ipads and decided I wanted the ipad Pro.  But then I came home and priced it online and it's just too much.  If I were buying an ipad only maybe, but with me also getting a phone, nope.  I can do it, but I won't.

So it will be another ipad Air for me which is just fine.

@gidgetgh I’m sure you will be happy with the iPad Air, I am. Like I said before if money was no object I would purchase the Pro. The Pro was at least $1,000 more for what I wanted.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a new iPad Air today.  For my needs, I didn’t consider anything else.  I mostly just use it for shopping, email and communication now.  I ditched my computer completely.  I’m not a gadget guru.  I really wouldn’t have even needed a new iPad if mine would have been able to get the new iOS that’s coming out in a few days.  I wanted to make sure I got the latest model so hopefully it will last me for a few years.