Honored Contributor

I have a really old ipad Air and I'm thinking about replacing it.  

I'm undecided between another Air or the Pro.  Part of me thinks the Pro is too big, but my sister LOVES hers so I started considering it.

I'm a heavy ipad user, but I have a great set up with it and just wonder about the Pro being too big and cumbersome.

Anyone have the Pro and regret getting the bigger size?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm undecided between another Air or the Pro.  Part of me thinks the Pro is too big, but my sister LOVES hers so I started considering it.

I'm a heavy ipad user, but I have a great set up with it and just wonder about the Pro being too big and cumbersome.

@gidgetgh wrote:

There are lots of online articles comparing the two. I recently purchased the Pro. It is fantastic!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

There are lots of online articles comparing the two. I recently purchased the Pro. It is fantastic!

@mom2four0418 - yeah, I’ve been looking at the comparisons. I’m not big into astrology, but I’m a Libra.....scales and all. I have a hard time making a choice between two things whether it’s an iPad or a purse. This could take days.  LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I thought I really wanted the iPad Pro, I bought the iPad Air, for what I use it for it's fine. If money was no object for me, yes I would have gotten the Pro over the Air, but the Pro price tag was too steep for me. I'm sure if you set them up side by side, the Pro would win at every turn, but honestly I don't think it's enough (for me) to justify the high cost, I'm happy with the Air.

Respected Contributor

Re: iPad Pro vs iPad Air

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@mom2four0418 - yeah, I’ve been looking at the comparisons. I’m not big into astrology, but I’m a Libra.....scales and all. I have a hard time making a choice between two things whether it’s an iPad or a purse. This could take days.  LOL. 

Well, I'm not a Libra, but we could be twins! I researched for many hours (also with purses) and decided on a refurbished Pro 10.5. It is brand new.. I chose it  primarily because of the camera and speakers. My all-things-electronic expert (DS) applauded my decision! 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I have several iPads: from the original, to the mini, to the Air, and the Pro. My favorite size overall is the mini, but that is another story.  Like you, I questioned the size of the Pro when I purchased it. However, when I purchased mine there were two sizes— an 11” and 12.9 Pro.  I got the 11 inch Pro and have been happy with it overall.  Good luck with your new iPad, whatever you choose.

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I have several iPads: from the original, to the mini, to the Air, and the Pro. My favorite size overall is the mini, but that is another story.  Like you, I questioned the size of the Pro when I purchased it. However, when I purchased mine there were two sizes— an 11” and 12.9 Pro.  I got the 11 inch Pro and have been happy with it overall.  Good luck with your new iPad, whatever you choose.

@KailaS - I have a mini also and it’s still in great shape, lightly used. I love my mini. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh , I have an iPad Pro but it is not the big one.  Should have gone with the regular iPad.  Not worth the extra imo.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Phonearena.com will allow you to compare these two tablets spec for spec. You can even compare your old iPad 3 with either new iPad. 

The Air has a lighting connector and a 3.5mm jack. 

The Pro uses a US-Type C for everything. You would need wireless ear buds etc. Its has a slightly brighter display, a faster processor and 1GB  more of RAM.

The differences between the Air and the Pro are so small I would buy the IPad Air. The camera may have been improved. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Phonearena.com will allow you to compare these two tablets spec for spec. You can even compare your old iPad 3 with either new iPad. 

The Air has a lighting connector and a 3.5mm jack. 

The Pro uses a US-Type C for everything. You would need wireless ear buds etc. Its has a slightly brighter display, a faster processor and 1GB  more of RAM.

The differences between the Air and the Pro are so small I would buy the IPad Air. The camera may have been improved. 

@Nuttmeg - thanks. I don’t use earbuds at all.  Can’t stand to have anythIng  shoved in my ears. 

I think I’ll go to the Apple store and look at the iPads and the iPhones. I really need to update both.