Respected Contributor

I have been holding off doing this update due to many bad reviews on Apple forum.

I have had no problems but it took quite a long time to download and install. I backed up my iPad to iTunes first. Since I haven’t had my laptop up in over a month ( I use my iPads most of the time) iTunes and iCloud had a big update I did and then I did my back-up for my iPad.

I decided to do the iTunes update first. I had my laptop plugged in and my iPad plugged in the USB on the laptop. No problems with any of the installation. It took about & 2 hours but it went smoothly. My iPad still had the 12 iOS on it. 

It is so lonely in our home since our Shih-Tzu Precious died last week. The pain has been unbearable but she had a bad seizure that may have affected her brain and we had to do it. My Avatar is her photo. She touched everyone’s lives with her love and sweetness. No more pets for us. My husband and I have not been anywhere together in over a year as one of us would stay home to be sure she didn’t have a seizure and passed. She was our little love. She was almost 15 years old but you would not know it.

Hope everyone has a good day. 

Regular Contributor

I already have IOS 13.3 installed on my iphone and my ipad.  I didnt' know anything about bad reviews which is probably a good thing.  I haven't had any problems with it that I know of.

SO sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved little dog.  My little one is 13 and doing well but I'm very aware of the years passing.

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14 

8I too, did the update for my iPad with no problems. You should be fine. 👍🏼

(So sorry about the loss of your furbaby, not an easy thing to get through). 😢🧡

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry you lost your Precious.  I hope the raw pain is soon replaced with just the good memories of your faithful little friend.

re: the iPad update....I always update my MacBook, iPhone and iPad as soon as the updates show up as available on my devices...I never wait.  If there are any bugs, Apple gets right on them and there is a new download to address any issues very quickly.  I have never had a problem in the 5 years I've used Apple products.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee  Thank you.

I updated iTunes on my computer, then backed-up my iPad,and then did the update with my laptop plugged in and used my Ethernet cable to be sure the internet didn't drop off.

I did have a few hints for anyone updating to 13.3 and here they are:

In Settings there is a Light and a Dark screen setting. Both are nice when needed.

I couldn't figure out how to reply to an email. At the lower right side edge of the email page there is a small arrow circle. There is what you hit. Then you can reply.

The Apps are now updated differently also.  Tap on Apps Icon then Apps at the lower bottom of the screen, then tap on the Icon of a person in the upper right hand corner. Took me a little to figure this out. That's where to update them. Easy once I found how. 
I went in Settings and shut the Bluetooth and a bunch of notifications off as they came back on after the update. This runs the battery down quicker.

I also enlarged the Apps on the Home Screen by going into Settings under Home Screen and Dock to Bigger. I turned off the Multitasking and Dock Apps as I never use them.

Anything you would like to add is welcome. You all help us too.