Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have RING, the video doorbell?

Would love to hear reviews.  LM

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have RING, the video doorbell?

YES ....   we got the PRO, which is slimmer, and the lights/camera for the backyard.  LOVE THEM BOTH!   A woman in our area was caught stealing packages off of porches, and the person who caught her had her on his doorbell camera.   We've had this for about 6 months.  We also purchased something to boost our wifi, since we had an issue with buffering in our house.

Purchased through Best Buy, and they helped adjust the areas we wanted to set off the alert.  My husband and I both like the system a lot.  We just got back from Hawaii, and when we were there, we saw UPS and Fedex deliveries and were able to alert our neighbor, who was picking up our mail,  about the packages.

Valued Contributor

Yes - I have had mine for quite awhile.  I love it -  So good to be able to see who is at

my door.  I  also had to buy a chime which I have upstairs - it is connected to WIFI.  This was needed because my old doorbell chime was not compatible with the ring doorbell wiring.   Now I have the doorbell running on its battery (rechargeable) and the chime connected to WIFI.   

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Would love to hear reviews.  LM

I have 2, one still needs to be installed, and I like it.  I've had some problems with slow internet service on my phone and wasn't able to connect soon enough to answer the door.  This happens when I'm away from the house which is when you want to be able to answer the phone.  I think it's more of a problem with my phone than Ring.  My iPhone looks for a wifi signal first and that takes time.  One thing that has helped is to turn off wifi.  The phone uses my cellular connection first and the response is faster. 

What I really like about the device is the camera and how well you can see who is at your door or on your property.   If you subscribe to their service ($30 a year), you can store videos, share them within the "community" and e-mail them.  If you had a burglary or theft, you can e-mail the video to the police.  We've had people share their videos with Next Door and the thief was identified.  I'd recommend you buy one if you need extra security.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

YES ....   we got the PRO, which is slimmer, and the lights/camera for the backyard.  LOVE THEM BOTH!   A woman in our area was caught stealing packages off of porches, and the person who caught her had her on his doorbell camera.   We've had this for about 6 months.  We also purchased something to boost our wifi, since we had an issue with buffering in our house.

Purchased through Best Buy, and they helped adjust the areas we wanted to set off the alert.  My husband and I both like the system a lot.  We just got back from Hawaii, and when we were there, we saw UPS and Fedex deliveries and were able to alert our neighbor, who was picking up our mail,  about the packages.

what happened to the woman caught stealing, any prosecution 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have the Ring Pro and I highly recommend it! Easy to install and operate..Hey even I can do it! their customer service, should you ever have a problem, is fabulous! 

In my area of Southern Califormia, it seems nearly everyone has them..My UPS guy is so used to it, that now, instead of ringing the bell, he just waves at the camera..

It is so sensitive, that I am sometimes alerted by a hummingb it=rd..and I love that..imagine a hectic day at work, and you hear your chime go off and there isa beutiful, busy hummingbird staring at you!

But, you can change the motion detector to be more or less sensitive, so a gust of wind doesnt set it off, unless you want to be alerted that there is big wind near your houe!

For me, who is NEVER home, it is a gerat comfort to be able to see what is going on at my house at all times..

I also got the Ring Chime, so I could hear my own doorbell better , since my doorbell isnt very loud

I would definitely buy it againl for so MANY reasons-

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1, @Mothertrucker@glb613@LexaMom@jackthebeargreat info!  

I looked at them on Costco website and in store.  I emailed Costco the listing from Amazon (I know Amazon bought them).  I am hoping they will match the Amazon price which is considerably lower.

I bought a laser printer at Costco and found it elsewhere for quite a bit less. They changed their online price as a result.

LM

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

what happened to the woman caught stealing, any prosecution 

@jackthebear I and several of my neighbors would love to know.  The police went to her home and found 27 packages that did not belong to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1, OMG!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@nyc1, @Mothertrucker@glb613@LexaMom@jackthebeargreat info!  

I looked at them on Costco website and in store.  I emailed Costco the listing from Amazon (I know Amazon bought them).  I am hoping they will match the Amazon price which is considerably lower.

I bought a laser printer at Costco and found it elsewhere for quite a bit less. They changed their online price as a result.

LM

@Lilysmom  Good for you.  I love a savy consumer!  We installed the PRO, which must be hard wired and is a lot slimmer.  Several people I know have the one that is battery operated and have complained about having to recharge the battery, and one person is changing to the Pro and hard wiring.    So just know there are two options, so you can choose the one that you prefer.  Let us know what you decide.