Honored Contributor

Re: haier tablet disappointment

I completely agree with those who advise staying away from the little-known brands. Most of the time you really do get what you pay for, in quality and in customer service. I'm a fan of Apple products. After years of using a wide variety of hardware and software, we've moved to Apple in my business and at home.

However, each person's needs and likes are different. Try to read as many current articles on the Internet as possible; think about what you want the device to do for you; ask your family, friends, co-workers; and go to a brick and mortar store to see and feel the products if at all possible.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Not everyone needs or wants an IPAD and they are rather expensive if you aren't going to use most of what it does. I have an ASUS and I'm very pleased with it.fabulous customer service too.
Not applicable

Just got mine today.... DISAPPOINTED!

I had bought this for my wife to Skype with and do some light surfing while I'm on the road; maybe a few games and email; nothing too demanding or serious. Our roughly 5 yr old Acer Iconia A500 tablet hasn't been updated to the latest Android O/S's and it is beginning to be a problem as software is appearing that just won't run. It was never a great tablet, but it worked well and now needs to be replaced.

So I get the Haier. To start with, I think I got someone else's returned unit. Life goes on... however...

I thought at least the quad-core would run smooth, but our ancient dual-core Acer is not only faster, more responsive and runs smoother, but the screen is a lot nicer. The Haier is NOT responsive, even with what should be superior Quad-core. Try to do two things at once and it instantly screams there is a problem with the process stopping and asks if you want to abort the unresponsive application immediately. Worse yet, even if it is doing NOTHING else, typing on the virtual keyboard cannot seem to keep up with even slow typing, frequently skipping letters.

I'm not sure if it is the processor, the data transfer rate or a combination of both, but running Plex to watch a movie usually won't start. (Plex is a video server located on my home network that holds all my movies). I've never had a device that doesn't work and start in under two seconds flat (even my old tablet), but it takes about a minute for the Haier to start... when it starts at all! This is stuff coming from WITHIN MY OWN HOME, not from across the globe and it cannot handle it.

Then there is the screen... No matter how many times I re-calibrate the screen, it still seems to be off; I can't seem to hit the buttons... I've never had this problem with devices, even small cell phones but I can't seem to hit even big fat buttons on the first press in some cases. It might have something to do with the odd screen, which seems to be out of proportion... long and thin, as if it were stretched somehow. When you rotate it, letters get tall and thin and just don't look right. The colors on the screen seem to be off, or the video pallette doesn't have enough of them. When pictures or video images do appear on the screen, you can see the edge of all the colors. Lastly there is the finish, I don't know what they did to the finish on the screen (smudge-resistant?), but it is strange and I don't like it.

In addition, it can take up to 3-6 seconds to wake up which is very frustrating. I charged it up for about 8 hrs before using, but 15 minutes of patching it used up 40% of the battery! Either it doesn't charge or it uses battery like mad.

The design choices are a little odd as well. The back button isn't in the corner, but about 1/3 the way across the button; you have to kind of guess where it is most of the time. The external memory card goes into a slot that is a carved out niche, about 1 cm wide, 1/2 cm long and 1/4 cm deep. Given time, it will snag, scratch or ruin about a lot of things in its lifetime.

I knew it would be bad, but I didn't know it would unusable. I have only loaded 2-3 standard applications and it is acting as if I have asked too much of it.

My wife just got home. Normally, she is very forgiving of such things and I expected that she would think we could just make it work. It took her only a couple minutes of fighting with her favorite game not working before she declared that this is a piece of junk.

I guess I am going to have to look elsewhere for our next real table because this one is going back. I don't think everyone needs an expensive Apple or Samsung, there are other companies producing solid tablets out there, but this isn't one of them. This is Haier's first tablet and after this little experience, I am going to demand a lot more reviews before I buy something from an unproven product line.

Update:

I was browsing on my phone last night and saw a lot of people had put in a 1-star rating for the product as they have been receiving them this week. I was going to throw out my rating this morning but the product is nowhere to be found; I think QVC pulled it from their catalog.

Not applicable

QVC'S GREATEST SCAM!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

What were they thinking when they sold this HAIER TABLET???

It is sooo bad! This many customers cannot be wrong about one item------

SERIOUSLY, why did QVC do this to us?? I feel personally VIOLATED and LIED to{#emotions_dlg.angry}! In all my years here I've never seen a product fail so totally to everyone. I feel slighted by not only the company as a whole but individually by each and every host!!! We've come to trust these hosts and view them as friends---after all they're in our homes more than our extended family members..!! THEY HAD TO know this item was a joke...HAD TO...or they are LYING to us about all the other products they're hawking!! (that sounded as ugly as I feel I was treated). HAIER is not even an option listed as as ELECTRONIC BRAND!!!! HELLO???? What is that about???

WE deserve better and we deserve an apology----and WE deserve some sort of compensation. Other than the 30 day return policy! What about OUR $$$ & OUR TIME??

I CERTAINLY HOPE EVERYONE KNOWS TO RETURN THEIR TABLET AS DEFECTIVE ----AND GET A FULL REFUND----NO s&h RETURN CHARGE----

SHAME ON YOU QVC---AND YOU, DAN, RICK, DAVID, SHAWN, MARY BETH...ETC

YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD.......

Simply,

Occasional Contributor

Received mine today and it's going back. Tried to play a Pogo candy game and candies would not slide. Too slow and screen is hard to take. I have a Le Pan that works much much better. I will invest in a name brand next tablet. I can't understand QVC pushing this low quality tablet.

Super Contributor

I haven't seen my neighbor recently to see if she's still happy with the Haier.

Isn't the Haier made by LePan? I thought I saw that on the back of the tablet. Looked at reviews on LePan and they seem to be good so wonder why such a sub-standard Haier tablet.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Contributor

We have an IPAD and a Samsung. To me the Samsung is as good as the IPAD and not nearly as expensive. And you don't have to have all Apple accessories for it. Another savings. I also have a Kindle HD. To me the screen on it is much better than the IPAD mini. To each his own...

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 missymae106 said:

QVC'S GREATEST SCAM!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

What were they thinking when they sold this HAIER TABLET???

It is sooo bad! This many customers cannot be wrong about one item------

SERIOUSLY, why did QVC do this to us?? I feel personally VIOLATED and LIED to{#emotions_dlg.angry}! In all my years here I've never seen a product fail so totally to everyone. I feel slighted by not only the company as a whole but individually by each and every host!!! We've come to trust these hosts and view them as friends---after all they're in our homes more than our extended family members..!! THEY HAD TO know this item was a joke...HAD TO...or they are LYING to us about all the other products they're hawking!! (that sounded as ugly as I feel I was treated). HAIER is not even an option listed as as ELECTRONIC BRAND!!!! HELLO???? What is that about???

WE deserve better and we deserve an apology----and WE deserve some sort of compensation. Other than the 30 day return policy! What about OUR $$$ & OUR TIME??

I CERTAINLY HOPE EVERYONE KNOWS TO RETURN THEIR TABLET AS DEFECTIVE ----AND GET A FULL REFUND----NO s&h RETURN CHARGE----

SHAME ON YOU QVC---AND YOU, DAN, RICK, DAVID, SHAWN, MARY BETH...ETC

YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD.......

Simply,

I certainly understand being disappointed but they are sales people....

Respected Contributor

Another couple of trolls posting long rants.

Honored Contributor

What do you all expect when you buy a tablet from a company whose primary product is refrigeration?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment