Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone here have this Basic Talk? If you do, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I called AT&T last month to lower my phone bill with less service and low and behold it went UP $15. I'm tired of paying between $50-60 a month for barely using the home phone. We have nice dependable Tracfones for cell use and they suit us fine. I know you need high speed internet with Basic Talk, we have that. Any info would be appreciated.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Basic Talk from Walmart?

I'm not familiar with Basic Talk but why not just cancel the landline if your cells are good?

Esteemed Contributor

You may want to look at Cnet, Online and YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUnaCP67ic0 for reviews.

If you cancel, your AT&T landline service you may not be able to get it back. I know in my area Verizon does not reconnect landline service. They tell you to contact the cable company or Verizon FIOS.

Occasional Contributor

We have had the Walmart Basic Talk phone for about 2 years now. Our bill is $15.00 a month. We get caller ID, answering service and have had absolutely no problems at all. I highly recommend using the Basic Talk Phone from Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your replies. Basic Talk sounds ideal, if it's easy to install. I'm a techno-nomind. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Occasional Contributor

It's easy to install, if I can do it anybody can!! Good luck.

Super Contributor

This may be consideration, perhaps in the future. I know people who installed the basic talk or the straight talk from Walmart only to find their emergency alert (like lifeline) and medical monitoring systems (for congestive heart failure or pacemaker checks) were not compatible with those systems.