Honored Contributor

Re: Wireless (RF) TV Headphone Recommendations

@hckynut, brilliant sound isn't a consideration for me in this (though of course I hope for decent sound). I'm buying it strictly to avoid disturbing others late at night. New TV is in a different spot, farther from my ears than the old one and slightly closer to the ears of others now.

I don't think I've bought an Amazon Basics item before, but I have looked at their camera tripod, which will be the one I'll buy when I get around to it.

Fingers crossed I like the headphones & they don't break!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I've bought several Amazon Basics products from sheets to an iPhone charger (the best I've ever had and far better than the apple one that comes with the phone).   I've been extrememly happy with every AB purchase.  

Good luck with your headphones.  Please let us know if you are happy with them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far, things are not working well. When hooked up according to the instructions of both Samsung and the headset, there is no sound. There are only so many spots to plug things into. Every combo has been tried, all settings as they should be according to Samsung - but no sound.

Niece's DH had an extra splitter and he hooked it up using that (the old-fashioned way for older sets) and I get sound, but only in one ear. I don't like that.

I have seen several people who have Samsung TVs complain that the headset wouldn't work on their TV and they gave up and sent it back. It seems to be a Samsung issue, the headphones seem good quality and appear to be functioning as they should.

I will call Samsung probably tomorrow and ask them for help, but not sure how much if any help I'll get.

I'll probably keep it as a cheap way to watch TV at midnight. Might investigate BT transmitters again.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all

I have some wireless headphones in my bedroom with a Samsung TV and they work great.  I believe I plugged them into just the audio out port (one round port) and they work in both ears great.  When I get home from work tonight, I'll double check and repost.