Honored Contributor

I was reading an article that Microsoft and Amazon are pairing their voice assistants together for collaboration. Both companies say later this fall users will be able to access Alexa using Cortana on Windows 10 computers and on Android and Apple devices. They'll also be able to access Cortana on Alexa enabled devices such as the Amazon Echo. This is considered a win for each company. I'm hoping Alexa expands her data bases as she doesn't know the answer to many questions I ask her!

Contributor

I really hope this pairing will happen!  The Amazon "Alexa" unit really would benefit from the vast knowledge base that Google's "Cortana" could provide.  

You're so right about Alexa failing to have answers to many questions! Often very easy ones too!

Honored Contributor

This doesn't intrigue anyone?

Honored Contributor

For me it doesn't make a difference.  I have an Echo Show and I live in a townhouse.  I don't need to use Cortana on my laptop since I got the Show as I can access the Show from just about any room in my house.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It appears this pairing is more designed to access Microsoft's Outlook software letting Alexa users interact with that software.

In a perfect world all of the home automation and cloud storage stuff would be integrated. With the new 5G tech that's coming we may see that happen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

For me it doesn't make a difference.  I have an Echo Show and I live in a townhouse.  I don't need to use Cortana on my laptop since I got the Show as I can access the Show from just about any room in my house.

@VaBelle35, I'm interested in the Echo Show (I have an Amazon Echo). I'm hoping as we get closer to the holidays, the price will go down. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35, I'm interested in the Echo Show (I have an Amazon Echo). I'm hoping as we get closer to the holidays, the price will go down. 

@Jordan2  I'm glad I waited until the Show came out as I didn't mind the price.

What I love about it most is that my calendar and the time and temperature rotate on the screen, so as I walk by I see calendar reminders and the temperature.

Also, when I ask for a phone number, it brings up the Yelp profile info, so I can see the address and phone number as well as hear her read the number.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Now I just need the ESPN Flash Briefing to have highlight video ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I wasn't watching the presentations for the Amazon Echo when it was a TSV (since I already have one), but was wondering if anyone made mention of Alexa meeting Cortana?

Honored Contributor

I asked Alexa if she knew Cortana this morning. She said something like we pass each other on the internet highway!