Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg, thanks for the rec for the WD external drive. You're right -- it has excellent reviews.  I see that it's the same price on Amazon as it is at Best Buy, so I'm going to try to stop by BB this week.  Then I can also speak to a (hopefully) knowledgeable salesperson about this issue because my curiosity demands an explanation for this problem, lol.

@Gokat, I downloaded CC Cleaner.  It "cleaned up" quite a few files, so thanks for that.

In my research, I read to type in the Start dialog box "RUN", click Enter, then type "%temp%" in the next dialog box, and Enter, to access and remove temp files.  Do you know if these are the same temp files as CC Cleaner takes care of?  Or does the method I just outlined address a different area altogether? 

Respected Contributor

They're different processes, @SaRina .  The CC Cleaner not only removes the temporary, but also those that are no longer used by old programs (including Win 10), etc.  IMO the CC Cleaner does a more complete job.  I know several things came up when I ran it here; and since then (several months ago when I did mine), nearly nothing.  I usually do this after every set of Win 7 updates.  MS isn't a very tidy bunch!Woman LOL  

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

@Gokat My network adapter plays hide and seek too. Are you on Windows 10? There are lots of complaints about that on various techie boards.

I get sick of it. All I have to do is disconnect from the internet, wait 5 seconds, and reconnect. Multiple times a day can get aggravating, for sure.

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@Gokat My network adapter plays hide and seek too. Are you on Windows 10? There are lots of complaints about that on various techie boards.

I get sick of it. All I have to do is disconnect from the internet, wait 5 seconds, and reconnect. Multiple times a day can get aggravating, for sure.

Get into the device manager, uninstall your network adapter, restart the computer and let windows reinstall it.  If that doesn't work, look for updated drivers. 

Respected Contributor

No, I'm still in Win 7, @gabstoomuch .   Rebooting, (sometimes more than once), has been the solve here. Nice to know it'll be continuing on in Win 10!Woman Mad      

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?