Honored Contributor

If I get a Samsung Galaxy Phone, will I be able to print the pictures through my MacBook Air?  I realize this is a really stupid question, but I was seriously thinking about buying one next week, and it just hit me that it might not work with my laptop.  Would I be able to get them printed somewhere else if it wouldn't work with my computer?

I would love to have an iPhone, but I just can't afford it right now.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Question

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

If I get a Samsung Galaxy Phone, will I be able to print the pictures through my MacBook Air?  I realize this is a really stupid question, but I was seriously thinking about buying one next week, and it just hit me that it might not work with my laptop.  Would I be able to get them printed somewhere else if it wouldn't work with my computer?

@NickNack, I've never used a Samsung phone, but in general...  from any device you always can send images to yourself through email, read the email on your MacBook Air, save or copy the image to your computer so it will join all the other images on that device, and then print as you normally would.  That's the first thing that comes to mind. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Question

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack

I have the new Samsung S7 and when you choose gallery to look at your pictures you would then choose share and then print.  You would need to dowload a free plug in...either for the cloud or for the brand of your printer. 

Go into any store that sells the Galaxy Phone and check it out on one of their demos.  I have Verizon and decided for the S7 instead of the S7 Edge.....the difference being the Edge is much bigger (longer) and the rolled edges won't fit into an otterbox but needs a special case otherwise the rolled edges hang over and can get banged up from not being protected.  Also, everything else is identical inc the camera and the Edge was $100 more than the S7. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Which Galaxy phone are you buying? I have an Note 5. It takes much nicer photos than the Galaxy S4.

http://www.androidcentral.com/spec-comparison-galaxy-s7-versus-galaxy-s6-versus-galaxy-s5

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7431&idPhone2=6434

You can store your photos using a Gmail account with Google Photo. Google Photo has unlimited storage.  When you take a picture it can be made to move a copy to the cloud. You can access your photos with Google Chrome from your laptop. You will need an Air printer to print direct from your phone.

You can check Walgreens and Walmart online for printing photos.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @Nuttmeg  @truffle  and @dooBdoo.  I do have an Air printer.  I just thought about that yesterday and won't worry about it anymore.  It sounds like I won't have any problems.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau