Respected Contributor

I got one, installed it and it works poorly.  Makes a connection but it is very slow (compared to other rooms) and it works differently on different websites.  I have moved it around but it does not change.  I think the room is blocked.  It is a sunroom and one of the walls backs to our fireplace so maybe the brick is blocking?  Or maybe I will try a stronger extender...

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I got one, installed it and it works poorly.  Makes a connection but it is very slow (compared to other rooms) and it works differently on different websites.  I have moved it around but it does not change.  I think the room is blocked.  It is a sunroom and one of the walls backs to our fireplace so maybe the brick is blocking?  Or maybe I will try a stronger extender...

@bargainsgirl

I would look for answers at DSLREPORTS.COM and you cable/internet forum on the site. 

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Is the extender located where it can receive a good signal? If your device wasn't able to get a good signal in the sunroom without the extender, the extender can't get a good signal in there either. Try moving it into the house on the other side of the wall. It needs to be close enough to the router to receive a signal.

Respected Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

Is the extender located where it can receive a good signal? If your device wasn't able to get a good signal in the sunroom without the extender, the extender can't get a good signal in there either. Try moving it into the house on the other side of the wall. It needs to be close enough to the router to receive a signal.

I agree.  You need to have the extender close enough to the router to get a good signal to boost.  Try placing it half way between the router and the room you need the signal.