Respected Contributor

Is there any way at all not to have hundreds of pictures on the iPhone and iPad in two places?   I've moved most of them to albums but they remain on recents too.  I just find it so annoying that they have to be in both places.  I'm hoping there is a solution that I don't know about.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a tech expert but if you turn off sharing between devices that may solve your problem.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Thanks for the suggestion.   I had the same frustration before getting the iPad so I don't think that is it.   I have a feeling it's the nature of the beast and nothing can be done.  But I thought I'd give it a try asking here. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Apple Products Question

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I'm not a tech expert but if you turn off sharing between devices that may solve your problem.

I have the same problem due to sharing.  Now if I try to delete on one device, I get a message "do I want to delete on all devices".  There are times when I hate the way Apple has things set up.  I'm too much of a "control freak" and want it my way. 

Right now my biggest problem is iCloud.  My new iMac was set for automatic saving to iCloud.   My iCloud account is full, I don't want to pay for more storage and if I try to delete anything, I get the message about deleting from all devices.  Absolutely maddening. 

Honored Contributor

The "delete from all devices" gets asked because if you don't delete from all devices, the next time iCloud reaches out to any device that still has that photo or file on it, it'll grab it and back it up again on iCloud, which kind of defeats the purpose of deleting it from the cloud in the first place. 

As an Android/Windows user all of my photos get backed up on Google's cloud, Amazon Photos, and Microsoft One Drive in addition to still being on the phone. Suffice to say I'll never lose a photo. Also suffice to say deleting a bad photo can be a challenge as it'll still be lurking someplace unless I go to each cloud and make sure it's well and truly gone. They back up the files so quickly that sometimes in less than a minute after taking the photo it's already on all three clouds.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The "delete from all devices" gets asked because if you don't delete from all devices, the next time iCloud reaches out to any device that still has that photo or file on it, it'll grab it and back it up again on iCloud, which kind of defeats the purpose of deleting it from the cloud in the first place. 

As an Android/Windows user all of my photos get backed up on Google's cloud, Amazon Photos, and Microsoft One Drive in addition to still being on the phone. Suffice to say I'll never lose a photo. Also suffice to say deleting a bad photo can be a challenge as it'll still be lurking someplace unless I go to each cloud and make sure it's well and truly gone. They back up the files so quickly that sometimes in less than a minute after taking the photo it's already on all three clouds.

My problem is, I want some things on my computer but not in the cloud.  I take thousands of photos and not all are "save" worthy.  It's not that I don't want them, I don't want to PAY for them.  Plus, I make DVDs as another type of backup. I'm sure auto save is good for those who either don't know what to do or forget to backup their stuff.  As I posted, I'm too much of a control person and want to do things my way.  I want to be able to pick and choose what goes to the cloud and I don't have that choice right now.