Valued Contributor

So last year bought three LG tracfones- and now LG has said they're out of business- so why is QVC AND HSN STILL selling them? What are we supposed to do when we need to buy tracfone minutes.texts etc? Are these phone still going to work?

Trusted Contributor

I would ask LG, HSN and QVC that question. Thanks for the heads up.

Respected Contributor

I imagine all your questions could be answered by visiting LG's website. And wouldn't minutes still be available from Tracfone and other retailers?

Trusted Contributor

@sipp wrote:

So last year bought three LG tracfones- and now LG has said they're out of business- so why is QVC AND HSN STILL selling them? What are we supposed to do when we need to buy tracfone minutes.texts etc? Are these phone still going to work?

Your LG phone will continue to work and LG will continue to provide support and updates for existing phones. LG is not making new phones.

Honored Contributor

LG stopped making new phones and has converted their factories to other uses. Service providers will still provide service to their phones. LG is just selling off the last of their stock now. I didn't consider an LG this year as I don't really trust them to invest the time and money in updating any software/hardware issues that pop up. Does a company keep a fully staffed phone software development team if they no longer sell phones? Probably not. They've likely outsourced their maintenance, service, and software work on phones to outside companies and they're often not the easiest to deal with as a consumer. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

My LG phone was four years old, so I was more than ready for a new phone. 
Earlier this year after reading about LG leaving the phone market, I knew that my next phone would be a different brand. 

I always check to see if electronics sold online is older or discontinued product before I buy. 

Honored Contributor

That's odd and funny - hsn was/is selling LG tracphones just yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

LG phones will still be sold until the stock is gone. They may still be on sale six months from now. They've already shuttered the factories, and will officially stop in August, but if there are still phones in stock, they'll stay on sale.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT? LG is out?

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

LG phones will still be sold until the stock is gone. They may still be on sale six months from now. They've already shuttered the factories, and will officially stop in August, but if there are still phones in stock, they'll stay on sale.

@gardenman   Which brand and model do you think is the best for Tracfones?

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@gardenman   Which brand and model do you think is the best for Tracfones?

I've never had a bad TracFone. Right now I'm using the Motorola G Stylus, and it's great. I've never had a real problem with any of them though. I got this one for the larger screen and 128 GBs of memory. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!