Super Contributor

I'm itching to buy a Tracfone for our summer home.  Does anyone know when it's scheduled to be a "today's special" on any channel?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone - Today's Special

I've been looking at the Moto G6 at HSN for $129.99 with free shipping, plus they sent me a $10 off coupon. That includes the one year card with 1200 minutes. I think that's a pretty good deal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

My wife has that phone with Tracfone as a backup. She uses her Samsung 6 through Boost for a monthly flat fee. Think her's is about $35+tax for what she needs. Unlimited talk/text.

She does like the Moto and does use it, but not near as much as her high $$$ S6.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

This is the same tracfone i bought from the Q  back in June27..as special of the day.   E232911..for 

$159.96  w/1500 min,etc.... got free shipping 

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Contributor

I just bought one from HSN for 59.99 with 1500 minutes, etc.  That is good for a year and then get a new one in a year and and no monthly charges.  Can't beat it.

Super Contributor

I ended up ordering the Samsung Galaxy from HSN...  I'm sure it will be fine.

Valued Contributor

@seaswirl wrote:

I ended up ordering the Samsung Galaxy from HSN...  I'm sure it will be fine.

Was that the Samsung Galaxy J Crown? I ordered it, too. I brought my own phone to Tracfone, but couldn't get the data to work. This phone looks pretty good!

Honored Contributor

@trixiechick 

I agree..can't beat those deals!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

The next Tracfone I buy will have more than 16GB internal memory and a larger screen than 5".   I have my eye on 2 hoping they will be reduced in price between now and Black Friday.

As far as the minutes and texts being a good deal, I don't use either much, so it's not my  primary reason to buy.     But memory & a big screen is.

I prefer Samsung, I would consider Motorola.  I had an LG, didn't care for it.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman I set up the Moto G6 for my uncle and it was a nice phone.  Not for me personally; it had a few quirks that would annoy me (I'm used to LG and Samsung), but it was a very nice phone.  I actually saw it on sale in Costco one day.  The screen wasn't as large as I thought it would be.  When I saw it was 5.7" I dismissed it outright for myself without even seeing it, but when I was setting it up it wasn't as large and cumbersome as I expected. The empty space between the edge of the phone and the screen was smaller than my other (older) phones.

Are you the poster who had a good deal of health issues a year or two ago?  I can't remember now what they were, but I remember you had a challenging time getting around.  How are you doing now?  I'm a gardenwoman, btw.  Smiley Wink  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*