Honored Contributor

Yesterday noticed a lot of junk mail was in my emails. The emails have a blue circle 🔵 beside them. Starts with words like- the latest searching trends. I moved them to junk mail. Checked the junk mail folder and it was empty. Not sure why this started and continues today. I checked settings and everything but as usual clueless. Eveytime when I check my emails will include at least 10 junk emails. I googled IPad junk mail but very confused with information. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

The junk mail is a function/product of your email not your iPad.  I have found that hotmail is almost as bad as yahoo.  Gmail seems to manage it better.  All of them to toss in a valid message at times, so be careful.

You could just abandon a user name and start fresh too.  Seems like you have to do that ever so often.  It is a good idea for security too.  Set up one for the bank, the stores etc.

Keep the one for personal emails very private and keep blocking.

This is almost as bad a phone spam.

Esteemed Contributor

You can unsubscribe to mail by opening it and moving to the bottom of the item. You will find a link there.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg : With this being junk mail- I was afraid to open it and try to unsubscribe, thinking it would create more mail. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Nuttmeg : With this being junk mail- I was afraid to open it and try to unsubscribe, thinking it would create more mail. Southern Bee 

Most of my junk mail comes from a bank. I saw a drop in the amount mail. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg : This is junk mail from various search results that I have not search nor from any business that I have purchased from and afraid to open and look for unsubscribe option for fear of increasing the amount of junk mail. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Re: IPad junk mail

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee,  The blue dot in the native iPad Mail app simply indicates an unread message.   Some of the settings to manage and filter your mail are in the iPad settings but most of them are accessed in the full website version of the email account, accessed via browser, and specific settings will vary depending upon your email provider (such as Gmail, Outlook, AOL, etc.).    I don’t understand the “latest searching trends” you mention.   Is that what you see in the subject line, verbatim?   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Nuttmeg : This is junk mail from various search results that I have not search nor from any business that I have purchased from and afraid to open and look for unsubscribe option for fear of increasing the amount of junk mail. Southern Bee 

Exactly, @SouthernBee.  If it’s spam and not a reputable sender address it’s not a good idea to open spam email messages, particularly if your settings permit displaying/loading remote images, and really not good to click any links including the unsubscribe links.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Leading search results for Natural weed killerF1A17C58-E95E-425E-B22C-C38CD58A4460.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo : This just started the other day and starts with phrase like leading search  results for natural weed killer. This is nothing that I have googled or any search for. When I click on : more and select junk to move to the junk folder. Then when I checked the junk folder to delete- the folder is empty and also not in the trash or any other folder. The email messages with the blue dot are the junk mail and not any of the others listed or displayed. Southern Bee