Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone - Today's Special

@gardenman 

Just wondering how you like your new tracfone?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@gardenman 

Just wondering how you like your new tracfone?

I love it. It's pretty much like my old Premiere Pro (the old one was the 413DL and the new one is the 414DL so we're not talking about huge differences.) The keyboards are a bit different. Oddly enough the first time I went to answer the phone I couldn't answer it by swiping, I had to tap, then yesterday I got a call and tapped like mad, but now it wants me to swipe. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'll adapt. I just have to look at the phone each time it rings and then do what it wants, either swipe or tap. I liked my old phone just fine and this is pretty much the same phone, just slightly updated in minor ways. 

I needed to add another year to my old phone by the 24th if I was keeping that, and the cheapest you can do that is $45. HSN sent me a $10 off coupon and had the new phone with 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1500 Mb of data for $59.99, so even with sales tax added my final cost was $53.96. So for about $8.96 I got the extra minutes, texts, and data along with a brand new phone, new case, new charger and new car charger. It was simply too good of a deal to pass up. My monthly cost to use the phone (the $53.96 divided by twelve months) is around $4.50. That's kind of hard to beat.

I was looking at some of the unlocked phones, but by the time you buy them, then add the airtime and whatnots, you're paying almost four times as much and this phone pretty much does what I need it to do. 

The transfer went the same as last time. When I tried to activate it online following their directions (use my old phone to text FOUR to 611611 then enter the number that's returned) I got the same error message as last time and you get stuck in a loop of it wanting you to keep doing that. I gave up after the second try this time and called the activation phone number and entered my phone number, the serial number of the new phone, and within five minutes my old number and minutes had transferred over and the phone was active. No problems since then.

I'm now good to go until 9/23/2020. Google transferred all my apps over. I didn't have to do anything there, but sign-in and wait until it was done. Then I just reentered all my passwords for the apps and within probably two hours of getting the phone, it was all set up like my old phone.  By default, it keeps most of the apps stored out of sight, which is a bit different, but a quick swipe upwards and there they are. That does make the wallpaper look better though and gives you a cleaner initial interface.

I'm happy with the new phone. I've taken a few photos with it and they look nice. I haven't used the GPS on it yet, but that shouldn't be an issue. It's a good phone at a nearly unbeatable price. The fact that you can even use it as a hotspot if needed is pretty impressive for a phone at this price point. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Glad you love your new phone..

I'm still getting used to my Tracfone Moto6XTL9525DL  from qvc special with 1500 texrs,etc plus one year of time....like you my other tracfone needed more time and i read the reveiws and decided on the moto..as it was cheaper   at the time compared to HSN and they only offered 1200 min..text,etc...plus years time  on the moto.

I recieved a notice from Motorola today for a new security download...so i did it!

I need one of my grandkids to show me how to take pictures...lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."