Honored Contributor

Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV $85.96

I haven't upgraded my Tracfone because I get triple minutes and understand Tracfone no longer offers this. I have always bought airtime cards to add both time and minutes to my phone. I was reading questions that were asked for the TSV and if I am understanding it clearly they're saying if your present phone gets triple minutes, if you are upgrading to the phone you'll get to keep getting your minutes tripled. I have to wonder if this is really true, if it is I would definitely make an upgrade.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV $85.96

I don’t think it’s true. Last year I upgraded my LG phone to another LG model with more memory and the latest os. I lost my triple minutes. 

Respected Contributor

I think what the Tracfone reps are saying is that you get to transfer all the minutes on your current triple minute phone to a smartphone. Smartphones don’t offer the triple minute feature.

Respected Contributor

I just got the Alcatel ZIP LTE Tracfone for my husband that is a Smartphone. His old Tracfone had triple minutes with it and was not a smartphone. I transferred his phone number and all his triple minutes over easily to his new phone. Now his new phone will not have triple minutes but when you buy a year card you will get minutes that look like less but you also get the same data and text amount to make up for it. Walmart also sells just the Text ecard $5.00 for 1000 text online that comes in an email with a code to add to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I have kept my Samsung Core Prime smart phone for two years.  If I

"upgrade" to a newer phone I will NOT get triple minutes.  Eventually, they will all be phased out.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I just got the Alcatel ZIP LTE Tracfone for my husband that is a Smartphone. His old Tracfone had triple minutes with it and was not a smartphone. I transferred his phone number and all his triple minutes over easily to his new phone. Now his new phone will not have triple minutes but when you buy a year card you will get minutes that look like less but you also get the same data and text amount to make up for it. Walmart also sells just the Text ecard $5.00 for 1000 text online that comes in an email with a code to add to the phone.

Hope this helps.

That $5.00 text deal is not just Walmart. You can get that on tracfone's website too. Or straight from your phone. It's a great deal.

Honored Contributor

I replied about triple minutes today, and think my answer was erased. (not sure if this is the thread)

You can't transfer triple minutes to new phones. That's why I keep the old ones.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I replied about triple minutes today, and think my answer was erased. (not sure if this is the thread)

You can't transfer triple minutes to new phones. That's why I keep the old ones.

However many minutes you have on your old phone will transfer to a new phone.  If you have 2000 minutes on a non-smart phone, when you transfer to a smartphone, it will transfer to:  2000 talk minutes, 2000 texts, and 2000mb of data.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I think what the Tracfone reps are saying is that you get to transfer all the minutes on your current triple minute phone to a smartphone. Smartphones don’t offer the triple minute feature.

@Ainhisg  Just an FYI......my phone is a smart phone, and I do have triple minutes (purchased last year).  The difference now is just that they no longer offer the triple minutes with any smart phones, so whenever I need a new phone it will be over for me too.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg  Just an FYI......my phone is a smart phone, and I do have triple minutes (purchased last year).  The difference now is just that they no longer offer the triple minutes with any smart phones, so whenever I need a new phone it will be over for me too.

@2blonde, I too have two smartphones with triple minutes which I will hold onto as long as I can. I wonder if Tracfone stopped the triple minutes because it wasn't beneficial for them?