Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV $85.96

@Jordan2  To answer your question, when has any company done anything that wasn't beneficial to them??  Obvously they will make more money without the triple minutes.  When I bought my LG Tracfone from Evine last June, they actually said they were going to be discontinuing that offer in the near future.  Apparently that wasn't just a sales ploy!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I replied about triple minutes today, and think my answer was erased. (not sure if this is the thread)

You can't transfer triple minutes to new phones. That's why I keep the old ones.

However many minutes you have on your old phone will transfer to a new phone.  If you have 2000 minutes on a non-smart phone, when you transfer to a smartphone, it will transfer to:  2000 talk minutes, 2000 texts, and 2000mb of data.

Yes those existing minutes all will transfer. When adding new minutes on that new phone, it will not triple.

Valued Contributor

I am just not "getting" it- I have a triple minute lg---I buy a card every 3 months that triples my minutes and extends my time- I have never used all my minutes- and they're really adding up because this is just a phone i carry when I'm out shopping or ttexting ie "my plane just landed" stuff---- I have a home (wired) phone for conversations etc with family or business- the tracfone is mostly for emergency or occassional use like i said- SO anyhow I AM NOT GETTING HOW THis special value phone is being presented as "yes-- it will triple minutes if I transfer my phone number etc- but then the tracfone people say you will also have to buy some other kind of card- what are they talking about? Is it a yearly card? what is the purpose of this extra plan that you have to buy and still be able to get triple minutes etc? How often do you have to buy one and how long is it for? 

Honored Contributor

Why is it i keep hearing that one has to buy a new phone at a certain point, is that because they do not last for a long period of time? I have a tracfone fron hsn.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

eventually, you will have a bunch of minutes/text etc with an unusable phone,  

need to be realistic about how many of those you need vs. getting a new phone if that's what you want  

something to think about 

Honored Contributor

The Triple Minutes for Life (TMFL) feature plan has been phased out since 4/1/2017 for all new phone packages introduced afterwards, in favor of moving customers to their smartphone-only plans.

If you have a older phone you can continue to use the triple munitues. (I do)

If you want to transfer those remaining minutes to a new phone, you can.

If you want to add minutes to the new phone, they will not triple anymore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I think what the Tracfone reps are saying is that you get to transfer all the minutes on your current triple minute phone to a smartphone. Smartphones don’t offer the triple minute feature.

@Ainhisg  Just an FYI......my phone is a smart phone, and I do have triple minutes (purchased last year).  The difference now is just that they no longer offer the triple minutes with any smart phones, so whenever I need a new phone it will be over for me too.

@2blonde, I too have two smartphones with triple minutes which I will hold onto as long as I can. I wonder if Tracfone stopped the triple minutes because it wasn't beneficial for them?

Well, I stand corrected.  Your OS's must be older.  I buy new phones to keep the OS current, which is important for security reasons.  The 1500 minutes offered with the new phones are equivalent (+ some) to a 400-minute card that's tripled.  On Tracfone's website, 400 minutes (tripled to 1200) is $99. A person could buy a new phone bundle from HSN or QVC every year (or more often) and get a new phone and newer OS with more minutes for less money.  I guess I don't understand the benfit to holding on to an older phone/OS.

Honored Contributor

The description says this has a memory card slot .....  so they don't give you a memory card?  Where would you get one?   

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how today's tsv compares to hsn's lg fiesta phone?  TIA.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Does anyone know how today's tsv compares to hsn's lg fiesta phone?  TIA.

@Maggie Nolia, scroll down to the end of this article, and the writer compares the two.  The Fiesta has a better camera and larger screen size.  Its OS is Android 7.0, and the TSV's OS is 7.1--a very minor difference.

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/search?q=lg+premier+pro

ETA:  I would get the Fiesta at a cheaper price over the TSV if I were needing a phone.