Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV $85.96

@Ainhisg, Thanks for posting this link.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Does anyone know how today's tsv compares to hsn's lg fiesta phone?  TIA.

@Maggie Nolia, scroll down to the end of this article, and the writer compares the two.  The Fiesta has a better camera and larger screen size.  Its OS is Android 7.0, and the TSV's OS is 7.1--a very minor difference.

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/search?q=lg+premier+pro

ETA:  I would get the Fiesta at a cheaper price over the TSV if I were needing a phone.

Thank you, Tgbtg!  That is just what I needed!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The description says this has a memory card slot .....  so they don't give you a memory card?  Where would you get one?   

You can get one at Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, etc. They aren't hard to find. Amazon has all sizes at reasonable prices. Around $15 for a 32gb card is normal.

Just make sure NOT to buy a card with capacity larger than the phone specs allow.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

I buy new phones to keep the OS current, which is important for security reasons.  The 1500 minutes offered with the new phones are equivalent (+ some) to a 400-minute card that's tripled.  On Tracfone's website, 400 minutes (tripled to 1200) is $99. A person could buy a new phone bundle from HSN or QVC every year (or more often) and get a new phone and newer OS with more minutes for less money.  I guess I don't understand the benfit to holding on to an older phone/OS.

Yes, the price per minute works out essentially the same (or better, as you described) as opposed to the older triple-minute system. The phone upgrade is a bonus.

The Tracfone/QVC presenters and online print information could do a much better job of explaining and making this clear.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The description says this has a memory card slot .....  so they don't give you a memory card?  Where would you get one?   

In case it wasn't made clear in the presentation, a memory card is NOT required.

It is particularly useful to free up the phone's internal memory if one wants to store photos, screen captures, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I think what the Tracfone reps are saying is that you get to transfer all the minutes on your current triple minute phone to a smartphone. Smartphones don’t offer the triple minute feature.

@Ainhisg  Just an FYI......my phone is a smart phone, and I do have triple minutes (purchased last year).  The difference now is just that they no longer offer the triple minutes with any smart phones, so whenever I need a new phone it will be over for me too.

@2blonde, I too have two smartphones with triple minutes which I will hold onto as long as I can. I wonder if Tracfone stopped the triple minutes because it wasn't beneficial for them?

Well, I stand corrected.  Your OS's must be older.  I buy new phones to keep the OS current, which is important for security reasons.  The 1500 minutes offered with the new phones are equivalent (+ some) to a 400-minute card that's tripled.  On Tracfone's website, 400 minutes (tripled to 1200) is $99. A person could buy a new phone bundle from HSN or QVC every year (or more often) and get a new phone and newer OS with more minutes for less money.  I guess I don't understand the benfit to holding on to an older phone/OS.

It's cheaper to buy a new phone each year, when it goes on sale.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

I just bought the LG Fiesta 2 from hsn for $79. I don't need anything except the phone, which I seldom use. I have a model with triple minutes, and the other stuff, but don't remember ever using it for anything other than making sure it worked.

Have way over 3,000 of everything left on my present phone, so I am pretty much set till my expiration date in 2019. This phone has all I need, too much really, but I wanted to go from the 3.5" screen to the bigger one. I think it 5", not sure.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

A heads up for you-all ..........

I just purchased this phone .... $85.96 ......  and was overcharged on the tax ......  $21.32 !!! 

I just contacted them to get it corrected, but double check your receipt if you're buying this phone!

Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Jordan2

I just bought the LG Fiesta 2 from hsn for $79. I don't need anything except the phone, which I seldom use. I have a model with triple minutes, and the other stuff, but don't remember ever using it for anything other than making sure it worked.

Have way over 3,000 of everything left on my present phone, so I am pretty much set till my expiration date in 2019. This phone has all I need, too much really, but I wanted to go from the 3.5" screen to the bigger one. I think it 5", not sure.

hckynut(john)

Fiesta 2 is advertised as being 5.5".  A couple reviews said it was too big.  You don't think so?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia

Too big? For my use no number key pad is too big, since I only use my cell phones as a phone, and carry it in my big NY Rangers hockey bag, size will be just fine.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)