Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77, I’m hesitating ordering. I thought my year was up in May, but it’s actually August, so I have time for some other phone to appear. Maybe I will check my local WM to see if they have the phone. Last time I checked, they seemed to no longer carry Tracfones. 

Where is this stilus stored in the phone?  My fingers are challenged typing text msgs...takes me forever as I keep having to correct my errors.

I wish Tracfone used At&T.  I have issues with my current phone:  frequently,  when I try to make a call, I connect to some local cell company where a recording tells me I don't have an account.

Respected Contributor

I have the LG Stylo 3. I bought it off HSN just three months ago and my service is through Boost. I love the phone. It does take getting used to having the power button on the back since previously I owned a Samsung Galaxy J7 and a Note 4 prior. But I quickly got used to it. The size is really nice, I do a lot of reading and playing games on my phone. The stylus is embedded inside the phone on the top right corner. There's a little notch and you use your fingernail to push it out. It also has a fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone, which I also like. The camera takes nice pictures. 

If you like using Android Pay, it doesn't have that feature, and from what I've read, there's no plans to upgrade the operating system to Oreo. But if you don't care about that, then there's no issue. It's a nice phone that has some features of the more expensive phones for a decent price. 

Respected Contributor

@JGalt   I think you mentioned that you don't like to text by typing on the "keyboard" on your phone.  I don't either, so I dictate my message into the text by clicking on the little microphone at the bottom left of my keyboard.

Let me know if you can do that.

Respected Contributor

I currently have the LG Premier which I like.  BUt maybe time to upgrade.  I understand I can still keep my triple minutes plan since I am upgrading which is a big plus.  How much bigger is this phone?  That is my only hesitation.  Also love that is has a notification light for missed messages!!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I currently have the LG Premier which I like.  BUt maybe time to upgrade.  I understand I can still keep my triple minutes plan since I am upgrading which is a big plus.  How much bigger is this phone?  That is my only hesitation.  Also love that is has a notification light for missed messages!!

The screen size is 5.7 inches. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@JGalt   I think you mentioned that you don't like to text by typing on the "keyboard" on your phone.  I don't either, so I dictate my message into the text by clicking on the little microphone at the bottom left of my keyboard.

While I do dictate some, there's too much time needed for correcting 'talk to text'.  I use this feature sparingly.

'Swipe' texting is much easier (and faster) than traditional 'type' texting on a small keyboard.

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

I’m hesitating ordering. I thought my year was up in May, but it’s actually August, so I have time for some other phone to appear. Maybe I will check my local WM to see if they have the phone. Last time I checked, they seemed to no longer carry Tracfones. 

Where is this stilus stored in the phone?  My fingers are challenged typing text msgs...takes me forever as I keep having to correct my errors.

I wish Tracfone used At&T.  I have issues with my current phone:  frequently,  when I try to make a call, I connect to some local cell company where a recording tells me I don't have an account.

@JGalt- I've run into that problem when trying to make a call and I found out that, if I redial putting the area code in front of the number, it goes through no problem!  Doesn't make sense, but it works for me so it might be worth you giving it a try.

I had one Tracfone from HSN that used AT&T and the service where I am was horrible, so I look for phones that don't use that service.  My current phone is the LG Premier and I've had it for about two years now with no problem.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

While I do dictate some, there's too much time needed for correcting 'talk to text'.  I use this feature sparingly.

'Swipe' texting is much easier (and faster) than traditional 'type' texting on a small keyboard.

@x Hedge  I'm not sure what you mean by "swipe" texting.  Can you explain it to me.  TIA

Respected Contributor
I can't believe that I don't remember where I got the LG Fiesta last July! Yikes. It was QVC or HSN, so I expect one of them will offer another deal when the year is close to "up." We know they track those things. Anyway, I love LGs, and I'm not averse to the power button on the back. I had that on the phone prior to the Fiesta, didn't think I'd like it, but was pleasantly surprised. Also, it made taking screenshots much easier. These phones *could* be getting a little too big for my liking, though...

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister,  rather than tapping out each individual letter, your finger moves continuously from letter to letter (sliding over the keyboard surface), one word at a time. So you lift your finger off the surface at the end of each word rather than after each letter.

My young friend used this method years ago but I (foolishly) resisted until a few months ago. Much, much faster, and you don't need the precision that's required when you tap out each letter.

I got over the "oddness" and grew to prefer this very quickly on both phone and tablet sized keyboards.

Tutorials available for Samsung and iPhone.

Google "swipe texting", (also see swype texting).  

Go to Setting in your phone, find the keyboard settings. "Swipe" might be called "Continuous Input". Even my oldest phone came with this feature option.