Honored Contributor

I've seen many people asking about a TracFone TSV...well they've got one as the Today's Special on HSN.  Go get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I could swear that when I was looking at them yesterday, they were $10 less. 

Honored Contributor

I bought one because I need minutes.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18

That's almost the same re I almost always get a new phone, except mine is the 12 month expiration date. Since I have a pretty good phone now, still with the triple everything plan, I might just stick with it for awhile. Haven't had to price the 12 month minutes/texts and data plans yet, so not sure what that costs.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutwrote:

@GCR18

That's almost the same re I almost always get a new phone, except mine is the 12 month expiration date. Since I have a pretty good phone now, still with the triple everything plan, I might just stick with it for awhile. Haven't had to price the 12 month minutes/texts and data plans yet, so not sure what that costs.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut I have a couple old phones with triple minutes.  I considered going back to one.  1500 minutes were $125 on tracfone.  Target had them on sale last week $112.  The new phone was $90.  I get an extra year airtime, but don't need it.

Valued Contributor

I missed this thread so don’t know what phone HSN offered, but I checked the upcoming QVC program guide and it appears there will be Tracfone Big Deal on QVC2 on April 14.  I’m hoping it is for the LG Stylo 3 since that one has Android 7.

As my year is almost up, time for a new phone.  I don’t like that Tracfones are sold with unsupported version of Android. While Android 7 (Nougat) is old, at least it may be supported until next year when it will be time for a new phone.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TracFone TSV

[ Edited ]

@JGalt  You were right, it's the LG Stylo 3.  It's 129.96 with free shipping.

http://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-LG-Stylo-3-57%22-Smartphone-with-Case-and-1500-Min-Text-Data.product.E23...

Does anyone have this phone?  I'm wondering if a 5.7" inch feels too big.  It looks like a nice phone.  I'm on the fence about it because of the size, but I like the specs.

Edit:  I've talked myself out of this phone.  The power button is on the back and there's no pressable home button on the front.  I love LG phones and was sad to give up my old LG phone for a Samsung last year, but I don't like the power button the back of the phone.  It's too clumsy, in my opinion.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Here is a review of the phone if anyone is interested:

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/search?q=lg+stylo+3

Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77, I currently use an LG and don't like the power and volume buttons on the back. I’m always accidently pressing the back, annoying.  I prefer Samsung phones, but haven’t encountered the right one.

I think I will buy this phone nevertheless. I like that it is larger. There are issues with my current phone because it has only 8 GB internal memory. The 16 should help.

Trusted Contributor

@JGalt  16gb is a necessity.  My backup Tracfone is 8gb and it's painful to use.  There are no 16gb Tracfones that use AT&T's towers, so that's why I haven't upgraded that one.  My Samsung is my primary phone (it uses Verizon's towers) and I'm going to hold off on upgrading it until I find one that I really like.  The service is good until early May so I'll probably just buy 5 dollars worth of texts and then add a year service plan for 50 dollars (they offer that as an add on online) and call it good.

I looked at the Stylo 3 in Walmart and it's pretty big.  I'm not sure I liked it, but it would have been nice to try I guess.  If you buy it post a review.  I'd love to read your thoughts on it.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*