Honored Contributor

Tablet Batteries

[ Edited ]

My beloved Samsung tablet will not recharge.  I thought perhaps I was using the wrong type of cord but I've tried about everything Amazon sells with no results..  These batteries are not supposed to be replaceable but I've  seen a replacement advertised and watched a video where the demonstrator changed it in less than 5 min.  The hardest part was getting the back off, but the kit includes a tool to help.  Reviews were good.

Has anybody done this replacement?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   How old  is it?  Perhaps time to treat yourself to a newer tablet? My oldest iPad  is 7 years old and the battery is still just fine.  

Honored Contributor

I don’t have any experience with a tablet battery replacement, however I did replace the battery in my first kindle. I got the new battery from Amazon and the tool to remove the back. It was easy and the tablet ( an old keyboard ) still works. Of course I’ve updated a couple of times, but I keep that old one charged, just because.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Re: Tablet Batteries

[ Edited ]

I bought an iPad two years ago as I was too frustrated w/my Samsung tablet battery life. 

It can't hurt to try and replace the battery if the replacement kit is not too pricy. 

But I still prefer Android to IOS ...but I do plan on taking an iPad class the next time it's offered by the local Senior Citizen Council.  I'm guessing that I'm not using my tablet to its fullest capacity. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  I can't remember whether it's been 3 or 4 years since I  bought it on Black Friday from Amazon, so it's not that old.  Still zips along very fast so I think it's worth trying to salvage.

Honored Contributor

@CinNC.  I think a class is an excellent idea.  I don't think most of us use our electronic devices to their capacity.  I know my smart phone will do all sorts of things I'll probably never discover.

I also vastly prefer the Android OS.  I prefer to stay away from Apple devices.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1. Sounds like you did exactly what I was asking about.  After all, the Kindle is a tablet.  You give me some assurance that I can do it too.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I replaced a battery in a Samsung tablet. I used a video from Newpower99. I would not buy from NP99. They charge too much. You only need a product with  a decent review.

Enjoy this job.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , I say go for it too.  Let us know how it goes.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I would not even bother with that. I would just get a new one. Once the battery goes its a death sentence for these devices. Yours sounds very old? I agree with the other member perhaps, it is time for something new and more updated?