Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden.  I can't remember whether it's been 3 or 4 years since I  bought it on Black Friday from Amazon, so it's not that old.  Still zips along very fast so I think it's worth trying to salvage.

That's getting old, I would say. Although my old tablet was still working, it was too old and would not update some of the apps because the OS was too old. The tablet hardware became obsolete and could not handle any android updates. So I had to pitch it. Sometimes you just have to get new stuff...

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden.  I can't remember whether it's been 3 or 4 years since I  bought it on Black Friday from Amazon, so it's not that old.  Still zips along very fast so I think it's worth trying to salvage.

That's getting old, I would say. Although my old tablet was still working, it was too old and would not update some of the apps because the OS was too old. The tablet hardware became obsolete and could not handle any android updates. So I had to pitch it. Sometimes you just have to get new stuff...

I  would only replace a battery in an Android tablet running 7.0.  You can update app on  a tablet that is using 6.0.

A battery might cost $20 on Amazon. This is a nice project.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg.  Good to know because NP99 is exactly what I was considering.  Thanks for the tip.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@apple1964. The difference is about $30. for a new battery kit versus $300+ for a new tablet.  I'll probably give it a try.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Between YouTube and ifixit.com and similar sites, you can find ways to replace just about any battery in any device.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@apple1964. The difference is about $30. for a new battery kit versus $300+ for a new tablet.  I'll probably give it a try.

Fire tablets do not cost 300 dollars. after four years a tablet or any device becomes old I just replace them when they get old with new ones. But, I guess its worth  it to see if it works. Good luck to you!