Honored Contributor

LOVING ATT cell service lately!

i have been LOVING my att cell service lately.

i have been using them for probably 15+ years now.

the caller id now shows scam/robo calls and labels them! this has been going on for maybe a month or so now. some of them say "att scam alert risk" some say "political call." i generally dont answer phone numbers that i dont know, but having this feature makes it even easier to not take the call or block the call.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: LOVING ATT cell service lately!

@sunshine45

My Verizon land line has been having some calls marked as "SPAM?" but such a small amount of them are marked because there are just so many being spammed.  And quite a few come from my own city or surrounding cities, with names of people or businesses I am familiar with, so I know all those numbers were basically 'stolen' and being spammed.  I get about 8-10 calls a day, sometimes one after another within 10 minutes!

Trusted Contributor

Hi.  Assuming you must have a smart phone or some more expensive phone.  I have an ATT flip phone and have not seen anything likfe that.

There was an annoucement recently that ATT was going to do something about spam calls, but did not specify any other details. I am stuck with ATT service in my area - too complicated to explain.  I get tons of spam calls every single day on my landline - not so much on my basic senior cell phone.

I will have to ask them if they will apply this feature to all accounts.

Will not go into too much detail but not at all happy with ATT.  I lost HBO channel on Dish satellite channel because ATT now owns HBO/Cinemax probably under another company name.  Lost HBO last October and doubt will ever return because ATT is unreasonable.  Also just got a notice from them like they were doing me a big favor by announcing no more $7 fee for inside wire maintenance monthly fee.  Looking further they will now charge $99 service fee if issue is inside my condo.  This would be ok except I have had crazy phone/email issues and they could not resolve them. Not too sure they would be honest about any problems I have.

Ok enough.  Glad to hear someone loves ATT. 

Respected Contributor

When we were in Napa this past Feb,  my phone got almost NO CELL SERVICE with AT&T, yet my husband with VERISON, had very few issues.  I would change in a heartbeat.

Respected Contributor

glad that you are happy with att.  i did not have the same warm fuzzy experience.  IMO they have to worst cell coverage around. dh would lose service here in town.  also they sold his # to everyone in the world it seems.  

he now has a $800 paperweight.  takes great photos tho. 

we both have a tracphone now. 

Honored Contributor

yes @LogoFan  i have a smartphone....a samsung note 4 that is still ticking!

for our television and internet and landline i use comcast.

sorry to hear some of you have issues with ATT.....have not had any issues in various parts of the country that i have frequented, most recently i was in hawaii and had no problems. other members of my family have verizon and they seem to have more problems, that is why i have not switched over.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: LOVING ATT cell service lately! 5

Glad to hear AT&T is pleasing somebody! I suffered with them several different times at several different addresses, so it will be a while before I try again. The spam calls are beyond belief now that nearly all of them are robo calls.

I know I get calls several times a day from the same scammers, but they come from at least towns and from several numbers within each town.  I couldn't prove they are all the same origin, but since the towns are near each other on the map, I assume the calls are all the same.  I don't know anyone in those towns -  no reason to anwer.  Mega annoying.

Trusted Contributor

I have ATT app for spam calls. It must totally block calls that it knows are spam because I get many fewer. Others it marks as possible spam.  I only have the part that is free.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have been LOVING my att cell service lately.

i have been using them for probably 15+ years now.

the caller id now shows scam/robo calls and labels them! this has been going on for maybe a month or so now. some of them say "att scam alert risk" some say "political call." i generally dont answer phone numbers that i dont know, but having this feature makes it even easier to not take the call or block the call.

@sunshine45yes!  A month or so I noticed that too - a banner at the top says AT&T Alert: Telemarketer or one of the alerts you mention.  It's a great feature IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yes @LogoFan  i have a smartphone....a samsung note 4 that is still ticking!

for our television and internet and landline i use comcast.

sorry to hear some of you have issues with ATT.....have not had any issues in various parts of the country that i have frequented, most recently i was in hawaii and had no problems. other members of my family have verizon and they seem to have more problems, that is why i have not switched over.

@sunshine45 

Thanks for your input.  I cannot use Comcast for years now because my condo was built 25 years ago "cable ready".  Was great back then.  Then many of the 89 others in my complex starting having issues with cable and Comcast discovered they could not find "splitter" in any condo to fix the issues.  I had to switch to Dish Network Satellite at that time.  For that reason I am stuck with ATT in my area here in Chicago for landline nd internet. Only thing I could change is cell phone, but too involved with other things to investigate that change.  They just keep getting more aggravating as the years go by.  They have become so greedy for everyone's money it is ridiculous.  All I can say is "Do not mess with my HBO channel."  I am a retired senior with health issues that keep me home most of the time.  Guess that is why ATT issues affect me so much.  Enough said.