Esteemed Contributor

@533on 

Your series of misunderstandings seem to come from making guesses or assumptions that are contrary to the facts.

@533on wrote:

My old tracfone died.

All right, so I buy a new phone.

I transfer my old account to my new phone.

I bought and paid for Double Minutes on my old phone so they Should transfer to my new phone. Wrong. The minutes will transfer, but the ability to double any future purchases does NOT transfer from the old to the new phone.

So I go in to tracfone.com to add minutes.

My new phone is a Smart Phone, like what the hell's
the difference, a cell phone is a cell phone. 

Unlike a non-smartphone, a smart phone has the ability to be adapted and tailored to the user's exact specific phone uses, needs and limitations. That same smart phone's settings and apps can be totally changed later to be tailored to a different individual's needs. A smartphone that's set up properly can be as unique as it's user.

That's what makes it 'smart'. 

So to add minutes there's a Smart Phone plan, and I guess, something else. 

Yes, the "Pay As You Go" 

Since I got a Smart Phone, I assume I Have to use
a Smart Phone Plan. 

Wrong. Smartphone owners may choose from either the Pay As You Go, or the Smart Phone plans, whatever works best for your particular phone use.

Why the hell else would they Have a Smart Phone Plan?  Oh, I dunno, maybe to give customers more choices.

But when I add minutes on a Smart Phone Plan, Tracfone doesn't double my minutes, like it did Automatically on my old phone. Nope. Doubling or tripling is assigned to the phone, not to the user.

AND the smartphone plans all state your minutes WONT triple (or double)  with the Smartphone Only group. 

Minutes purchased from the Pay As You Go group WILL double or triple, but only if that feature came with your phone.

Apparently a Smart Phone Plan is just an old bait and switch con job, to cheat me out of my Double Minutes that I bought and paid for in perpetuity on my old phone. Wrong.   See above.

Tracfone Won't Double my minutes for my recent purchase. NoSmartphone Only purchases won't double...ever.

Pay As You Go will, but only on a phone that has the doubling (or tripling) feature.

Tracfone Won't make my Double Minutes retroactive on my previous purchase of minutes on
this new phone. I take it that's because you bought a new phone that isn't capable of doubling minutes.

Tracfone won't cancel my new Smart Phone Plan purchase and refund my money so I can just go in and add minutes like I used to and get my
Double Minutes. Pretty sure they've always had a 'No Refunds' policy on minutes and airtime service cards.  

Tracfone cain't tell me what the hell the difference is
between a Smart Phone plan and just adding minutes the normal way. "The normal way" is probably where you lost them. They've made many 'normal' choices possible.

Apparently a Smart Phone Plan is just a marketing scheme to cheat Tracfone's old customers out of their Double Minutes. Truly sorry you feel that way, since it seems the majority of the old customers here prefer to refill their minutes from the Smartphone Only group. On the other hand, the Pay As You Go choices are the most economical choice for me, since my phone triples, and I use my phone for everything except talking.

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

A cell phone is not just a cell phone.  Smart phones can access the internet and that is one of the differences.  If you want to do that, you need a data plan not just minutes for talk and text.  I'm not familiar with Tracphone and all of their plans and promotions.  Perhaps someone else can help you

🌾

I had a truly limited TracFone flip phone that was anything but smart, but was able to use data, and access the internet. That's not criteria for being classed as a smartphone.

Honored Contributor

Take to the Walmart phone store they will do for you

To reach it,the easier and faster way is to use Data Transfer program,which is specially designed to tramsfer data between two devices.With it, you can transfer data from Android to Android without limitation.