Super Contributor

Over 2 hrs on the phone to transfer a number, text, and data. UNREAL

Respected Contributor

@Didiville wrote:

Over 2 hrs on the phone to transfer a number, text, and data. UNREAL

I just did it myself on the Tracfone site a couple days ago. It took me about 20 minutes. I transferred the data myself with the Tracfone Transfer Wizard.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Using the transfer wizard it only takes about 15 min. I suspect this person did not throughly read the instructions.

Super Contributor

I tried to transfer online of which it would not let me do. I suspect you don't know the whole story.

Esteemed Contributor

@Didiville wrote:

I tried to transfer online of which it would not let me do. I suspect you don't know the whole story.

I know this much; TracFone is set up to allow customers to 'do-it-yourself' on many things, and when customers want CS to do it for them it often results in loong, difficult calls.

But you're right and we don't know the whole story, we only know what you've told us in your opening post.

Super Contributor

I did not want CS to do it for me. I had no choice.

Honored Contributor

Re: TRACFONE THE WORST

[ Edited ]

@Didiville

Addressing your thread title only!

I have had Tracfone for over 10 years, and transferred my number to at least 10-11 different phones. Have done with CS, and via the internet, and all were/are very easy to do.

You call "Tracfone The Worst", I call "TRACFONE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST".

hn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

You have to download the app for the Transfer Wizard to both cell phones.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

On April 18th it took me less than 5 minutes to transfer service from old phone to new.  I used the transfer wizard to transfer data, contacts, etc.  I would say that was pretty much instant.  As soon as I clicked transfer, it was done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

On April 18th it took me less than 5 minutes to transfer service from old phone to new.  I used the transfer wizard to transfer data, contacts, etc.  I would say that was pretty much instant.  As soon as I clicked transfer, it was done.

@Kachina624, @hckynut   do you happen to know, will that Transfer Wizard transfer texts? 

Not just a few, but about 10,000.

I have a TracFone with one continuous conversation I need to keep for legal reasons.

I'd like to upgrade but not until I'm sure texts will transfer. 

TIA for your insight on this.