Honored Contributor

@x Hedge.  I must confess that I don't text so I cant answer your question.  I was amazed that some of the data from my Samsung Tablet transferred over to my phone.  I had downloaded the Transfer wizard on the tablet but had not requested a transfer from it to the phone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge,

Like @Kachina624, I do not text.  You say 10,000 texts? Holy Moly, and I thought my wife does a lot of texting. I hope another high volume texter can help you with this one. Sorry I can't.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don't think it will transfer texts. Can you move them to the cloud - then get them back when the new phone is up & working?

Esteemed Contributor

That might be possible, only if I were to copy each text individually, then transfer them to email??

Or, photograph each text ... hail nooo!That's too tedious and risks losing some or getting them out of order.

Was just hoping someone had expertise transferring texts from one TracFone to another. Airtime renewal is coming up on that phone.

Thanks though @151949

Thanks @Kachina624 & @hckynut.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge.  I wonder if you could forward your texts to a computer then print them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: TRACFONE THE WORST

[ Edited ]

There are apps to transfer texts from one phone to another. Here's a link to a webpage walking you step by step through using one of those apps.

https://www.howtogeek.com/272075/how-to-transfer-sms-messages-from-one-android-phone-to-another/

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I think this is an over-reaction.   Having a technical problem does not make tracfone the worst!  Sorry.  I'm a techie,  and I have encountered many "challenges"  which just need to be overcome.  Chill.

Valued Contributor

It depends on how much space you have on the new phone.   I expanded my memory but the new memory was not recognized by the transfer program so I ended up getting the data to my new phone in another way - you can do it via USB and your PC  or directly from the source - I had to redownload my Amazon music.

Contributor

@Didiville wrote:

Over 2 hrs on the phone to transfer a number, text, and data. UNREAL

Hmmm...it took me only 25 minutes from the time I logged onto Tracfone's web site, until my minutes, data, etc. were transferred to my new phone from my old one.

Respected Contributor

@Didiville wrote:

I tried to transfer online of which it would not let me do. I suspect you don't know the whole story.

@Didiville ... We're just trying to help you. We're here to listen. If you download the Transfer Wizard, you need to have Wifi in order to transfer. I love my Tracfone...have had many. Just got a new one. I use it for emergency calls and for photos. I was going to have to add more days (a year), but it was less expensive just to buy a new phone package. I bought one of QVC's packages. Love it! Never had a problem with a Tracfone.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli