Respected Contributor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New RING Mailbox Sensor Coming

This would be a handy gadget but with an advertisement on the outside, it seems as though it would be open to theft.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

With the right screw driver, you could steal this in a heartbeat. 

Honored Contributor

One of my dogs barks when she hears the mail delivery vehicle.  I can hear it too and see it from my LR windows.  My mail is picked up by me immediately.

No electronic device is needed.  It might be nice if you live far from your mailbox in a rural area.

Honored Contributor

I have a Rubbermaid mailbox that has a small yellow flag on the side that comes up when the mailbox door is opened. It's very handy. One of my neighbors used to rely on it then if I got the mail before they'd check the flag they'd call me to see if I'd reset it or if the mail hadn't come yet. There are also various add-on devices that raise a flag when the mail comes if you have a mailbox that doesn't have one built-in. Mail delivery here is highly variable from 9 AM to as late as 8 or 9 PM in the holiday season. Unless you feel like wandering back and forth to the mailbox ten times a day, an indicator is very handy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

My RING doorbell lasted just long enough for warranty to be over.  At shortly before year I noticed problem but had to verify not internet issue, etc.  Help difficult to get.  Not impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Ring doorbell.  After a year, it required a subscription which I was not aware of.  Anyway, as to theft, if you steal it you will be on video so that is a deterrent.

What I really like is that I have this set up on my Apple Watch and I can tell when there is someone at the door.  I have a large property and am often working outside in the back gardens so it is helpful.

We are also in the midst of a municipal election and there is a lot of campaigning.  I can see who it is and skip those doorbell rings.  LM