Valued Contributor

Problems with Instagram audio on PC

I don't post anything on Instagram--I just like to go on every so often to view what others have on there. I only go to the site on my PC, never on my cell. Anyway, a few days ago, the audio stopped functioning for all of their video clips. At first, this only happened while using my Chrome browser, not on MS Edge. Now it's happening on both. If I try to click on the speaker icon, the page jumps preventing me from clicking on it. I've reached out to Instagram to see if they are having an issue, but haven't heard back. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, is there a fix? Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problems with Instagram audio on PC

@qualityshopper

I use Instagram on my smartphone or tablet using an app. You should do a Google search about the problem. 

Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper  I mainly use my pc for Instagram. I have not had any problems with the sound.  A couple of times on the stories I think the poster forgets to turn on sound when recording.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to search for existing problems with Instagram on Google, but haven't found anything. It's now back to working on MS Edge but not on Chrome, and this is happening on two different computers (windows 8.1 and 10). I thought maybe Instagram changed some of their settings recently, and maybe those changes aren't compatible with Chrome. For instance, used to be when I went to a video clip, I had to click on the video for it to play (the sound was always there). Now the videos automatically start playing without me having to start them, but no sound is there. And, it doesn't matter whose videos. I can go to anyone and the same thing happens (oh, and these are clips that I positively know have sound). Don't know what the issue is.