Respected Contributor

I understand you not wanting it now after hearing about some incidents regarding Ring products. But I’m not sure it has been proven who is at fault - the buyer or Ring.  If I were you I would just pay to return it and count it as a lesson to only buy from places with free returns. 

Respected Contributor

@MKL2235 wrote:

I ordered this item as a Christmas gift and because of the security issues, recently revealed do not want it. 

I had no idea I would have to PAY RETURN SHIPPING.

Seems unfair, selling an item with questionable security. 

This was my first ever order from QVC. Obviously, it will be my last, unless I can get CUSTOMER SERVICE TO WAIVE THE RETURN FEE.

Any ideas?

I read it was the owner's lack of a secure network which caused the problem.  Someone was able to hack their network and gain access to the cameras.  This is a good example why a strong network password is essential.  As far as having too many notifications, you can modify the range and angle of the camera and get rid of the problem.  As it often is, it's the owner/operator which is causing the problems not the device.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Neighbors reported me for feeding deer, I was filling bird feeders. Now I can't feed birds since seeds fell on ground. I will save money! But they watch. 
   They are in their yard all the time especially in good weather. Deer eat their tiny shrubs, planted outside their fence.  

He built tree houses and forts for his kids, It looks like a ghetto, and is probably against regulations.
  They light fires in the woods  and under the treehouses daily against the law burning brush and it smolders, and isn't watched. (I have reported that).

They watch where people walk dogs on the street.  I never go on their property. 
    I wouldn't want them seeing my packages left if a camera picked it up, or to view the front of my house from his. 
     Actually, one pointed at his property would pick up his fires, the threat of fire in the woods and leaves is concerning! I might buy them. All he would see is his yard and fires!

Super Contributor

IG, please tell your friend that there are quite a few adjustments available for those cameras that would lower or eliminate the "false" alarms. I believe she just has to explore all the options in the app a bit more.

Honored Contributor

Ring has a new feature, a privacy dashboard, to deal with security issues. The company is also also stressing the use of a strong password and not reusing passwords that were used by you in the past, since many passwords have been put out there from data leaks. In the past, multiple logins from various locations and extra IP addresses could be used without the owner knowing. Now a new feature  will be let owners see if anyone is logged in and owners can log them out from the new app. You will also be able to set up two factor identification from the dashboard app.