Contributor

Problems watching QVC through the Roku box

Hello everyone,

I use to watch QVC on my Roku box back when all the shopping channels were under one channel. Since they have all split to their own channels QVC always freezes and I have to reset my Roku box. This is the only channel that does this so I know it isn't my box or my internet. Has anyone else had issues with watching QVC on their Roku box? I just don't watch anymore because of this issue.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Problems watching QVC through the Roku box

I didn't even know you could watch QVC through the Roku box! I would contact Roku and get tech support from them. They may not even be aware of the issue and may be able to fix it on their end.

Respected Contributor

On 11/17/2014 Rae-Rae said:

Hello everyone,

I use to watch QVC on my Roku box back when all the shopping channels were under one channel. Since they have all split to their own channels QVC always freezes and I have to reset my Roku box. This is the only channel that does this so I know it isn't my box or my internet. Has anyone else had issues with watching QVC on their Roku box? I just don't watch anymore because of this issue.

Thanks

Why not watch on your computer?

Super Contributor

Yes I am very tired of this happening lately and have thought about calling Qvc. I have asked Roku about this and they said the problem is with the way Qvc broadcasts, and I should ask them about it.

Super Contributor

In fact, I will email them now about the problem.

Super Contributor

OK I sent them an email. We shall see if they respond.

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 glb613 said:

You know, people are funny. I would play games on my computer for hours, but hated watching TV on my computer. I had a 15" computer monitor and a 42" TV. And my desktop computer was in my bedroom with a computer chair, not a comfy couch. I hated watching TV shows I missed on my computer and would only do it with shows that I couldn't get on my TV through my OnDemand cable. Later I bought a laptop primarily for hooking up to the TV and using that to play DVDs, videos, stream stuff online, etc. It still took me forever and a move to a new place to actually hook the thing to my TV. Now my laptop has a home next to the TV and I pick it up and move it when I need to work on it, but it took me a while to make the transition, even when that was exactly why I bought it.

Contributor

On 11/17/2014 glb613 said:
On 11/17/2014 Rae-Rae said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

I don't always want to sit at my computer or have my laptop on for hours and have to watch it on a small screen.

Contributor

On 11/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I didn't even know you could watch QVC through the Roku box! I would contact Roku and get tech support from them. They may not even be aware of the issue and may be able to fix it on their end.

You can watch QVC, HSN, Shop NBC, Jewelry Television, Liquidation Channel, Gem Shopping Network, some coin channel (don't watch) and if you love infomercials they have three channels for that (they play the same one's for a year then change, I'm guilty of watching lol).

Contributor

On 11/17/2014 duclane said:

OK I sent them an email. We shall see if they respond.

I sent them one too, hopefully they will respond and address the issue.