Honored Contributor

Any suggestions? I got a new Amazon Fire and cannot get my FB account transferred to it. Here's the problem. The email address associated with my FB page has been deactivated (it was a work email and I've since retired). Also, I can't recall the password from then, nor did I have a mobile number in my data.  The minute I type in the email, I get a message it cannot be found. Is there any human support at FB to help computer illiterates like me?

Trusted Contributor

Re: I want my old Facebook back

Can you log into your Facebook account on whatever device you were using before the new Amazon tablet and make the changes in your settings?  I changed the email associated with my FB account a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

This happened to my DH with his new phone.  He got a new phone# and when he tried logging into FB they sent him a code on his old phone which was deactiviated so he couldn't get in.  I couldn't find support anywhere from FB which is very frustrating.  I did searches and found out you have to use the same pc you opened the account and update your settings.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Any suggestions? I got a new Amazon Fire and cannot get my FB account transferred to it. Here's the problem. The email address associated with my FB page has been deactivated (it was a work email and I've since retired). Also, I can't recall the password from then, nor did I have a mobile number in my data.  The minute I type in the email, I get a message it cannot be found. Is there any human support at FB to help computer illiterates like me?

Have you checked the instructions on their Help site? I would start here: https://www.facebook.com/help/132243923516844?helpref=related

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  If you can get into FB  (maybe from someone elses computer) and go to the top right of the home page,  you will see a question mark.  Click on it and make sure to scroll all the way down.   I would click on 'Report a Problem' and, though you don't talk directly to someone, you type your problem in detail and they do read it quickly.  I recently had a problem with my FB account and searched all over to try and talk with someone to no avail.  By using the feature I just described,  my problem was corrected within 24 hours.  Make sure you leave either an email address or some other way of them contacting you, if need be.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Thanks all. I'm going to try some of your tips. I can still had get to my Facebook from the old device, but since my email isn't accepted, it won't allow me to get into the settings. If anyone is wondering why I don't just use my old Amazon Fire for Facebook, it's that the plug within the device is broken and won't accept a charge. I need to solve this before my 30% charge dwindles down to nothing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG,  You might already know this but just to clarify...  we don't have to transfer Facebook from one device to another, and we don't have to access it from just one device.   The website and our account are available from any device with an internet connection as long as we know our login credentials.

It sounds like you saved the login info on the old device and it was auto-filled each time so you didn't have to think about it.    Auto-fill data is specific to the device.

In just about every case, when we "tell" the computer, tablet, or phone to save username and password for a website, it stores it in a place we can access and look at in case we've forgotten.   Normally it's located in the browser settings/info.   

For details:   go online and search for something like "how to view my saved passwords" for that specific browser or device -- I tried a quick search and there are some results for various Amazon tablets. 

Once you look up the email address and password on your older tablet, even with an inactive email address you should be able to sign in with the old credentials.   Then, add a new address in General Account Settings under "Contact."   

You'll be sent a confirmation message to the new email address you've added, and after you click the confirmation message you can make it your primary email address.

(Just a thought, but it sounds like you might be typing in the wrong email address, since you say the site won't even recognize it to let you try to log in.)   

I hope that makes sense.   Facebook can be extremely difficult -- sometimes impossible -- to work with when our account "looks" like it has problems so I hope your attempts to login didn't cause them to lock it.   Also, their customer "support" is dreadful, pretty much non-existent. 

Please ask more questions if this was clear as mud🙃😜 and didn't make sense, okay?   I'm sorry you're having trouble with this, and I really hope you can find a good solution.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova