Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem With My iPhone... Dangerous?

Sounds like a defect. I have a IPhone so far no problems. Apple is very good about solving all kinds of issues with there phones and other products. No worries  about that O/P.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Interesting.  It almost sounds like it's more about the update than a malfunction of the hardware.   

I sincerely hope they are able to get you fixed up.  

My husband has an iPhone.  Somebody told him to NOT do any updates because, they say, that updates skrew everything up with these products.

I don't know how much, if any, of that is true.  But, of course, my husband took that and ran with it.  He won't do any updates to his iPhone because he has decided that iPhone updates are evil.    (he tends to take an exaggerated stance to most things)  hehe

When I recently purchased my Samsung Galaxy S7 he told me about this and warned me that doing updates is not a good idea.  *sigh*   I've been running the updates and so far, so good.  The thing is with phones (and other electronics) now is that some of the updates are security-related.

For Apple products, however, I don't know a whole lot.  I have iPods and that's about it.   I have had some problems, over the years, with iTunes updates.  Currently, I can't seem to get it to put all of my songs/albums onto my newest iPod (from a couple years ago), and still can't figure that one out.  There are several of them that are in my iTunes, but not in that iPod.   For the sake of keeping myself without additional stress, I've just backburned that for a long time.  

I've owned iphones 8 years and I've never had an issue with an update. I always update immediately on release. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Interesting.  It almost sounds like it's more about the update than a malfunction of the hardware.   

I sincerely hope they are able to get you fixed up.  

My husband has an iPhone.  Somebody told him to NOT do any updates because, they say, that updates skrew everything up with these products.

I don't know how much, if any, of that is true.  But, of course, my husband took that and ran with it.  He won't do any updates to his iPhone because he has decided that iPhone updates are evil.    (he tends to take an exaggerated stance to most things)  hehe

When I recently purchased my Samsung Galaxy S7 he told me about this and warned me that doing updates is not a good idea.  *sigh*   I've been running the updates and so far, so good.  The thing is with phones (and other electronics) now is that some of the updates are security-related.

For Apple products, however, I don't know a whole lot.  I have iPods and that's about it.   I have had some problems, over the years, with iTunes updates.  Currently, I can't seem to get it to put all of my songs/albums onto my newest iPod (from a couple years ago), and still can't figure that one out.  There are several of them that are in my iTunes, but not in that iPod.   For the sake of keeping myself without additional stress, I've just backburned that for a long time.  

I've owned iphones 8 years and I've never had an issue with an update. I always update immediately on release. 

Hi, @jaxs mom!    Same here.   I always install the new iOS as soon as it's available.   I've used iPhones for 8 years and an iPad for 5 years and so far no problems with updates.   (Never had problems with Mac updates, either.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Yeah, sometimes I wish my husband wouldn't believe everything he hears.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

No kidding.  It seems to always be the bad advice they believe. 

Honored Contributor

glb613 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

No kidding.  It seems to always be the bad advice they believe. 

Yeah, tell me about it.  Smiley Sad