Valued Contributor

gbl613

Here's what I see, don't know how to download a photo here.  Hope this helps, says all enabeled. One or two letters may be off since it's hard to see on a small camera.

CCleaner Smart Cleaning

One Drive

Dropbox

IAStorIcon

QuickSet

RHDVdvBG-PushButton

RTHDVCPL

SecurityHealth

TrueColorUI

WavesSve

Send to One Note.Ink

Valued Contributor

SilleeMe,

No I haven't removed the back cover.  Will see if glb613 can help me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Problem With Fan

[ Edited ]

@kismet wrote:

gbl613

Here's what I see, don't know how to download a photo here.  Hope this helps, says all enabeled. One or two letters may be off since it's hard to see on a small camera.

CCleaner Smart Cleaning  disable/delete

One Drive  Disable/delete

Dropbox  Disable/delete

IAStorIcon disable/delete

QuickSet  disable/delete

RHDVdvBG-PushButton  Keep

RTHDVCPL disable/delete

SecurityHealth  Keep

TrueColorUI  Disable/delete

WavesSve  disable/delete

Send to One Note.Ink  Disable/delete

Restart and see how your computer runs.  As I have written many times, you don't need these programs running in the background using resources.  I'm not sure what the push button one is, did a reach and couldn't find anything.  Do you have something on your computer like a push button you use? 

Did you take a vacuum and clean your vents? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

glb613,  yes I did clean the vents really good this time.   I did disable everything you said to do and restarted and kept track of the cpu for 5 minutes.  It went on and it was 45 and then it dropped to 1 to 15 but stayed mostly at 7.  I'm happy to say you fixed my computer.  I never knew about the CPU and unless I have a problem I don't look for anything.  I'm self taught on the computer and no one to help me.  I do a lot of searching.  From now on I'll keep track of it.  My computer usually is so low I don't hear it.  I wish I could say more than Thank You but Thank You.  By the way I think you were the one that told me to update years ago and get a new computer to get Windows 10.  I had Vista at the time and liked it but when my touchpad wouldn't work I decided to get a new computer.  I love Windows 10 except when an update messes up something.  It seems to be easier in most ways.  Thanks Again. I don't have anything pushbutton on my computer so don't know where that came from.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kismet wrote:

glb613,  yes I did clean the vents really good this time.   I did disable everything you said to do and restarted and kept track of the cpu for 5 minutes.  It went on and it was 45 and then it dropped to 1 to 15 but stayed mostly at 7.  I'm happy to say you fixed my computer.  I never knew about the CPU and unless I have a problem I don't look for anything.  I'm self taught on the computer and no one to help me.  I do a lot of searching.  From now on I'll keep track of it.  My computer usually is so low I don't hear it.  I wish I could say more than Thank You but Thank You.  By the way I think you were the one that told me to update years ago and get a new computer to get Windows 10.  I had Vista at the time and liked it but when my touchpad wouldn't work I decided to get a new computer.  I love Windows 10 except when an update messes up something.  It seems to be easier in most ways.  Thanks Again. I don't have anything pushbutton on my computer so don't know where that came from.

I'n happy tp help.  Most people have no idea programs will do this when installed.  It's not just a Windows problem, Macs can have the same thing happen.  Programs running in the background will eventually suck the life out of your computer's performance.  I've seen computers with as many as 20 programs in the startup group and the machine would barely start or run.  The only programs you need running in the background are your antivirus or other security software. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

glb613,

I didn't know anything about the CPU until I started to look for a reason why my computer was running so loud.  To me it sounded like me shifting the car from first to 4th and got louder by 4th.  Now it's very quiet and the CPU was 17 last check.  I think maybe a lot of us don't know enough about a computer to know really how it works or what it has.  There were no computers in my day.  My husband showed me the basics when I got a desktop years ago but that's about it.  The other day he asked me how to copy and paste.  I guess it happens with retirement.  His laptop still has 2 1/2 hours on the battery and it's about 10 years old, Vista.  Thanks Again.