Valued Contributor

Everything but the messenger the most.  I message my granddaughter because if I email her she never answers.  It makes it easy for me to contact her.  I was taught that letters, no computers at that time, or anything personal is not to be looked at but then I taught my daughter the same thing but who knows if she sees it.  I asked her but she didn't answer.  There is something called SMS on facebook that I can have notifications sent to me on my cell phone if someone tries to get into the account but I really don't want my phone number on there.  It will send all notifications too and I get a lot, probably too many since I am on groups.

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I thought about blocking her but don't want to make hard feelings.  How do I lock down the account?  I did change my password.

If you block her or unfriend her, she will know.  If you unfollow her, she won't.  I've unfollowed several people because they post too much or are too political.  You can also change a setting so you don't see all of the game results.  I've done that as well.  Get into the Facebook setting snd find out how to do it. 

https://www.postplanner.com/how-to-unfollow-annoying-people-on-facebook/

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/how-to-stop-a-facebook-app-posting-to-your-wall-2015-3...

Honored Contributor

@kismet wrote:

Yes, I can get into my settings.  I know that privacy on facebook isn't what we think but in this case I sent by accident my open news feed page on an email.  I went into my email and if I click on the link I sent it opens if I'm signed into facebook and if I'm not it goes to my log in page with my name on it.  I want to block my daughter from getting into my account.  Not sure how to do that. 

When you say lock down your privay settings what do you mean.

@kismet,  The privacy settings on your Facebook posts are "Public," "Friends," "Friends Except... ", "Specific Friends," and "Only Me."   Sending a link to someone in email doesn't override those privacy settings, and it doesn't permit them access to your account.    It will direct them to Facebook but then they have to use their own login credentials.   So, if your daughter doesn't know your login credentials, she cannot "get into" your account.

Privacy settings are in your "Settings," under the "Privacy" section, in the "Your Activity" section.   (You can limit who sees your public posts by using the "Public Posts" section of your "Settings.")  You also can select the privacy for each individual post by clicking the down arrow to the right of that post's date/time stamp.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Good to SEE you!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Privacy on Facebook

[ Edited ]

Just block her! If you do not want her in your account,just block her!!!  lol  my  66 yr old DD has blocked me,soooooooooo silly .I NEVER care what she or anyone else  is doing on FB........lol...she lives right upstairs from me..........lol

People take everything too seriously!!!!!   jmho

Honored Contributor

Re: Privacy on Facebook

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Good to SEE you!

@DrytheThank you!   Good to see you, too.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

My daughter came over tonight and said she can't see anything.  i'll take her at ther word and hope she's telling me the truth.  If not, she'll let it slip if she read something.  I may just set up another account for my messenger.

Honored Contributor

There is no privacy.,